Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Choices being made, based on past choices made; How's that working out for you?

Default New Choices being made, based on past choices made; How's that working out for you?

London Mayor Sadiq Khan targets knives as murder rate spikes: 'There is never a reason to carry a knife'

By Frank Miles

London Mayor Sadiq Khan announced tough new policies to combat the city’s surge in violence. (Reuters)
    London Mayor Sadiq Khan announced tough new policies to combat the city’s surge in violence. (Reuters)

London Mayor Sadiq Khan announced a tough crackdown on knives Sunday as the city reels from a spike in stabbings that have led its number of homicides to top New York City's for two straight months.

He tweeted: “No excuses: there is never a reason to carry a knife. Anyone who does will be caught, and they will feel the full force of the law.”

The tweet also included an action plan to boost police power and prevent future violence.

London has seen more than 50 homicides already in 2018.

Most of the city’s murder victims have been stabbed to death, as guns are tightly restricted in Britain and shootings are relatively rare.

If the bloody trend continues, London will far surpass the 130 murders in 2017 and reach a number not seen since the early 2000s.

In February and March, London hit the unwanted milestone of recording more homicides than New York, the first time in modern history, as Fox News previously reported.

The cities are roughly the same size, with more than 8 million people, and have similar extremes of poverty and wealth, but London has never recorded more murders in a year than the U.S. metropolis. New York had 290 homicides in 2017, the lowest number in decades.

There are multiple candidates to blame for the city’s rising homicide rate, investigators have said. Police and community workers say London’s surge is driven in part by battles over control of the illegal drug trade and a “postcode war” between street gangs.

postcodes = tribes

While I don't disagree with some of what he's saying. He's a way too far right for me.
    May as well throw Breitbart out there
    Last edited by Brent; 04-12-2018 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    While I don't disagree with some of what he's saying. He's a way too far right for me.
    May as well throw Breitbart out there
    stfu u racist jerk.

Quote Originally Posted by commiechew View Post
    stfu u racist jerk.
    Wow, triggered much?

Little snowflake melting?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Wow, triggered much?

Little snowflake melting?
    I think he's talking about your family, if I'm not mistaken.

I think he's talking about your family, if I'm not mistaken.

stfu u racist jerk.
    Such a well thought out reply...lmao
    Try to give you a little props and you turn on me. I'm hurt....rotfl

Such a well thought out reply...lmao
    Try to give you a little props and you turn on me. I'm hurt....rotfl
    I'm not sure how bad the illegal rapist crime is in Newport and how many go there for 'sanctuary', but hey whatever.
    They better be careful or there will be nobody to wash their cars, clean their houses, landscape their mansions or raise their kids (nanny) etc....lol
    It was a very well thought out reply, you racist jerk.

No one here cares who you're married to or whodaddy baby you happen to be raising (nanny Brent)... but if you want to try to use it to deflect away from how you really think about other races, go right ahead.

We're all getting a pretty good glimpse of your thinking disposition and the biases that come flying out of your behind...

copy, paste... copy paste.... it's really the only way you people learn.

A thinking disposition is a tendency toward a particular pattern of intellectual behavior. For example, good thinkers have the tendency to identify and investigate problems, to probe assumptions, to seek reasons, and to be reflective.
    Last edited by commiechew; 04-24-2018 at 01:12 PM.

I try to use words that highlight and emphasize that slap in yo face, kick in da butt reply that I deem necessary to bring light into the pertinent topic at hand, do you see my point?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast