Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cleaning Fish For Frying & Sashimi!

Default Cleaning Fish For Frying & Sashimi!

Cleaning Fish For Frying & Sashimi!

Today i got a call from my buddy Dustin Jed. He had to much fish & wanted to know if i wanted some? First time in years that someone offered me fish. Been giving my fish away to friends & family plus the homeless for years. So i went over & Dustin gave me 2 Trevally, 3 Mackerel Scads & slabs of Tuna. Wahoo! Time to fry fish & dine on sashimi logs.

I'm not a cooking kitchen type kinda guy but thought i'd show how i clean my catch. Been awhile since i give most of my kept fish away for years. I tend to leave the skin on the smaller fish so i scale them because i like fried crispy skin, like my chicken. Also helps to keep the fish fresher.

Note that i mostly use my kitchen shears to clean fish over my fillet knife. And i scale my fish with a scaler that catches the scales (also i scale fish outside the house). I only use my fillet knife for larger sized fish. And i use thick freezer bags to store my fish in. If the fish has long sharp spines then you should cut the spines off during cleaning.

Today i was forced to clean fish at home. I really try not to let fresh water touch a exposed fish fillet, rather salt water from the ocean is better. If you just want to fillet the fish then don't bother scaling it. For smaller species using a good kitchen shears over a fillet knife leads to less painful accidents. If a knife is needed please be sure it's sharp.

And lastly instead of buying ice i use used frozen water bottles. I re-fill the bottle slightly less then the original level was which allows the expanding ice more room to solidify without busting the bottle. Cheap alternative to buying ice. I then add salt water when i have fish to create a brine that is much colder then the ice itself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJGcv8dLu0c
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3-Pic.jpg 
Views:	418 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	50635   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4-Pic.jpg 
Views:	473 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	50636  

So, are your multi-site spamming efforts a form of proxy-advertising? Or are you hoping these companies will recognize your excellent shilling skills and offer you lucrative agreements?

Thanks for the lesson Chris.

Don't mind LG, she has to put her negative twist on everything. I think she's very lonely.

Quote Originally Posted by NFCD I View Post
    Thanks for the lesson Chris.

Don't mind LG, she has to put her negative twist on everything. I think she's very lonely.
    In case you haven't figured it out, Scuba Chris doesn't give a damn about you or your thanks. His post is spam, posted to multiple sites. Google it and get a clue.

And so once again:

SPAM ALERT!!!

So, are your multi-site spamming efforts a form of proxy-advertising? Or are you hoping these companies will recognize your excellent shilling skills and offer you lucrative agreements?

idk i smoke too much green. i watched one of the youtube vids idk. whats he selling some cork bobbers? i dont get it. hes posting fishing related content from his youtube to a fishing forum.. multiple fishing forums or just every forum?? idk. maybe he trying to get views.am i missing something. google what.

Quote Originally Posted by jdogg661420 View Post
    idk i smoke too much green. i watched one of the youtube vids idk. whats he selling some cork bobbers? i dont get it. hes posting fishing related content from his youtube to a fishing forum.. multiple fishing forums or just every forum?? idk. maybe he trying to get views.am i missing something. google what.

I'm assuming by the fish pictured, you're living on island time. Quagga lives at the bottom of the sea and isn't anywhere as funny as SpongeBob. Although I imagine she smells what I would think Patrick smells like...fu*k her dood, keep the reports coming.. mahalo!

Quote Originally Posted by Piss on Myspace View Post
    I'm assuming by the fish pictured, you're living on island time. Quagga lives at the bottom of the sea and isn't anywhere as funny as SpongeBob. Although I imagine she smells what I would think Patrick smells like...fu*k her dood, keep the reports coming.. mahalo!
    Suck a fat one, PoM.

He keeps posting multiple-site spam, I'll keep pointing it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Quagga View Post
    Suck a fat one, PoM.

He keeps posting multiple-site spam, I'll keep pointing it out.
    He’s a YouTuber that’s what they do to get more followers and views.

Quote Originally Posted by bowler View Post
    He’s a YouTuber that’s what they do to get more followers and views.
    Ah, and so the FNN ToS makes an exception for YouTubers (which turns a profit, and therefor makes this an advertising scheme) when it comes to promotional spamming? Don't be dense.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast