Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Perris 3/30/17

Default Perris 3/30/17

Got to the lake late about 8:30 was informed they were blue stoning the lake. I could see the helicopter. The guy at the gate said to fish behind the island. They sprayed behind the island. The lake is not full, but higher than its been in a long time. The tire reef is in 20 ft of water. I fished the far side of the lake from the outlet tower up to the new structure in the shallow end. I only saw a couple of bedding fish. The brush is real thick form 20 feet deep all the way to the shore. At about 10 feet deep the brush is solid from the bottom up out of the water. Water temp was 63f when I got there and 72f in the warmest spot air temp was windless 93f. I threw everything I had weed less at them for nada. Had to wait one hour to get retagged. The line into the park was literally out of sight, the cars pulling in stated they had waited over three hours to get in. As I pulled out the park the line to get in was back to the main gate off the Ramona expressway. Lake ranger do a better job! three hour waits, poison sprayed on my head, yes poison that's why the guy in the cabin cruiser was pushing us from spot to spot around the lake. Friday was the start of a three day weekend.

First mistake is fishing a state park lake on a 3 day weekend..

Shouldve checked the east end

fishintony,

I was out at Perris on Friday 3/30/18 as well. We launched at 6:30 am and went over to the south shore. We saw lots of fish, biggest I've seen, and could not get them to take anything. They were swimming around in the shallows, big females, looking for boy friends! We were on the east end of the lake and a guy came by and told us they were blues stoning the lake and not to go past the bouye line at the west end of the island. We pulled off the water at noon and did not see them blue stoning the east end. I am surprised that they didn't have the boast pull off of the water if they were going to be blue stoning the east end.

We we hit the booth to get our reentry tag and there was only one guys working the booth. He was having to accept payments from cars coming in and tag boats going out. There was a line of cars waiting to get in, but it was probably only 6 - 8 cars at noon. I can't understand why they don't have at least a couple of guys working the pay booth. They did last year. They would have boats, without an reentry tags, line up along the curb line opposite the pay booth and inspect them there; so the cars wanting in didn't have to wait while they were inspecting the boats. Come on Parris management get it together!

By the way, We only boated one short. I broke off a biggie that wrap on some brush in the shallows along the south shore. Mess with it for about 10 minutes. Free spooled it hoping it would unwrap itself, but no luck. Finally just point my rod at it and backed the boat up with the trolling motor. There's a bunch of brush and wood along the shallows. Some of the wood is free floating; so be careful when you're running the lake, cause there are some limbs floating in the lake.I can't wait for the water level to come up higher and cover the new structure in the east end.
    Last edited by BassinPLS; 04-06-2018 at 10:28 AM.

Why are they still inspecting and tagging boats, (and float tubers too if they see a tube in the back of your truck!)? I read a report several months ago saying that the Quagga Mussels have been found in Perris...

Quote Originally Posted by fishmounter View Post
    Why are they still inspecting and tagging boats, (and float tubers too if they see a tube in the back of your truck!)? I read a report several months ago saying that the Quagga Mussels have been found in Perris...
    DWR public information officer jumped the gun on a false positive test. Quagga mussels are not in Perris.

Quote Originally Posted by kwin View Post
    DWR public information officer jumped the gun on a false positive test. Quagga mussels are not in Perris.
    Kwin,

Thank you for setting the record straight.

By the way, I love the new structure placed in the east end of Perris....'can't wait for it to be submerged. I imagine you had a lot to due with the new structure!
    Last edited by BassinPLS; 04-07-2018 at 08:34 AM.