Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bedding Largemouth

Default Bedding Largemouth

Hello all,

I am new to this area and am wondering if the largemouth have begun to move in shallow to bed? If so, any baits/locations for largemouth on this lake would be greatly appreciated.

tcollins169,

I haven't been to Silverwood for a long time; but my bass club has a tournament there every year, usually in May. The bass are on the beds there in May for sure. Thay go onto the beds at Silverwood a little later tan the rest of the local lake due to the elevation / cooler water temp. I fished Lake Perris last Friday, 3/30/18, and they are definitely on the beds at Perris. I had one biggie wrap me on a bush in about 5 feet of water and I ended up having to break him / her off. I haven't ever seen so many big bass at Perris; but, we could not get them to bite on anything. One of the guys fishing with me dropped a worm down to one in about 4 feet of water and watch it swim around the worm. This happened numerous times as a group of 3 or 4 big females were cruising back and forth under the boat looking for a boy friend...really frustrating. We ended up with only one short; but we talked to a guy on the water that had a couple, fishing a flick shake on a wacky worm. It was a blue bird day, no wind, water temp in the low 60ies. Couldn't have asked for a nicer day, just a tuff bite. Silverwood should start going off in the next month.

Bass fishing in Southern Ca peaks out in the month of April. (for the spawn) You can try any lake that has a good population of Bass and have a good chance of catching one. Buy a copy of Western Outdoor News and check any lake your interested in fishing. Techniques and baits vary, however I'll give you one universally tip. The color "White" on any lure is a winner in the spawn!!!

Thanks for the info guys. I will check silverwood out again in a week or so. Perris has been good for me lately.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    Bass fishing in Southern Ca peaks out in the month of April. (for the spawn) You can try any lake that has a good population of Bass and have a good chance of catching one. Buy a copy of Western Outdoor News and check any lake your interested in fishing. Techniques and baits vary, however I'll give you one universally tip. The color "White" on any lure is a winner in the spawn!!!
    The question was bedding bass at Silverwood, the answer was given, May. So far in areas I've been fishing the answer to his question is no they are not on beds. Typically this month they will start moving into the shallower areas in a pre-spawn mode. Tossing a creature bait last night in some of those zones I did not get bit but only put in a couple hours, I expect that to change as the month moves on.

still too cold a buddy of mine was fishing up there last week he was getting in 20 feet of water and deeper

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    The question was bedding bass at Silverwood, the answer was given, May. So far in areas I've been fishing the answer to his question is no they are not on beds. Typically this month they will start moving into the shallower areas in a pre-spawn mode. Tossing a creature bait last night in some of those zones I did not get bit but only put in a couple hours, I expect that to change as the month moves on.
    One of us must have been drinking!!! (at first I thought it was me) lol So I checked the title of the thread. Bedding Largemouth

Not Bedding Largemouth "only" at Lake Silverwood.

So I guess I'll have what ever "you" been drinking!!! lol

Nope sorry it was me!!!! I missed the part it was put in the Lake Silverwood section. Not general fishing discussion. (my bad)
    Last edited by etucker1959; 04-03-2018 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    One of us must have been drinking!!! (at first I thought it was me) lol So I checked the title of the thread. Bedding Largemouth

Not Bedding Largemouth "only" at Lake Silverwood.

So I guess I'll have what ever "you" been drinking!!! lol

Nope sorry it was me!!!! I missed the part it was put in the Lake Silverwood section. Not general fishing discussion. (my bad)
    I typically don't drink in the morning so I don't think it was me. But update on the actual request for info., saw some poking around in the shallows last night near a annual bed location, think they are getting frisky.

Hey seal!

Glad to see yo hiding! Keep it up!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast