Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: What kayak to buy for West Coast ocean fishing

Default What kayak to buy for West Coast ocean fishing

Hi guys, me again.

Any experienced kayak fisherman here who know what sort of kayak and accompanying equipment I should buy to kayak off the coast of Marina Del Rey, Santa Monica, and Malibu? I've never kayak fished before, but I've had no luck finding any fishing kayak rentals in the area. I enjoy kayaking and I love fishing, so I've got no doubt I'll fall in love with it. I'm willing to invest about $1k in a basic set up. Any advice on what to buy, how to outfit it, and where to take it out is appreciated. If you or anyone you know in the Los Angeles area goes kayak fishing, message me please! It might be 2-3 months before I save enough to finish getting together a basic set up, but once I do I would really appreciate having someone who is experienced with kayak fishing in the area to go out with.

I was looking at this: https://www.westmarine.com/buy/pelic...67?recordNum=7
    I don't know if it would be good on the ocean though...

Thank you!

If you going to invest money in a kayak . Think about end result the kayak is going look like and it’s uses . Rent one Dana Pure sports rents Hobies try them out . Remember you also have to get it to the water store .

Last edited by lucky1; 04-02-2018 at 06:58 PM.