Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: White Bass still in Nacimiento?

Default White Bass still in Nacimiento?

I have not heard much about this once popular fishery. Are there still large amounts of these fish in the lake and do they still make their yearly migration to the end of the lake to spawn? We used to have so much fun with ultralight tackle with these tasty little fighters at this lake.

Ya I have been wondering the same nobody replies on this? Plus how is the water level in the lake hope somebody replies.

I just read the Fresno area report yesterday because I am thinking about possibly visiting there in the near future, and the report mentioned that White Bass fishing is good at Nacimiento currently. I can't seem to find any weekly SoCal fishing reports anymore, though.

Hey thanks for the reply cannot afford a trip up there now but hope to do one in the spring time. Good to know they are still getting them.
    I am looking for reports and lake conditions also if I come across a report will post here.

The white bass are still there. They seem to be prolific spawners, which is why they are a 'catch and kill' type of species based on DFW regulations.

(Not even stripers are catch and kill)

The problem is, Naci has been fluctuating in levels for the past few years. It is not connected to any steady water source, so it gets filled up by natural methods. I've seen it go from 25% capacity to 75% capacity in a season, which makes it hard to target a species that roams around in schools looking for food.

White Bass are usually a side catch, a side catch that I personally do not gloss over because of their spunky attitude and the fact that if you're at the right place at the right time, a triple digit day isn't uncommon. But because they migrate a lot, finding that school may be difficult, and the proper use of sonar and electronics does give you the upper edge.

They are still there. It's just a matter of finding them. And they still migrate up the Narrows to do their thing. I remember Spring Breaks being filled with bikini hatches and white bass after white bass eating anything you threw near them. It's all about timing.

Thanks for the reply do you know what the water level is now?

Quote Originally Posted by drifter023 View Post
    Thanks for the reply do you know what the water level is now?
    52%

http://www.mcwra.co.monterey.ca.us/r...ervoirData.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post

DS Thank you for the info....

Looks like every report I find online are old besides the report from the Fresno Bee. Anyone have any success finding an updated and weekly report online?