Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Still pissed at the dam closure......

Default Still pissed at the dam closure......

....I find myself ridden with anxiety and anger at not being able to drive 30 seconds and be at the lake anymore.its a huge outlet for me to get up there and fish whenever I wanted.....
    Guess I should just suck it up and fix the old jeep so I can hit the quarry areas again....
    Just not motivated.sorry for whining.
    On the other hand I have been hitting the duct up again on the way to work ....never have caught a striper out of there but I've seen huge ones boiling and swimming around.
    Last edited by sealclubber; 03-27-2018 at 05:17 PM.

sealclubber

I hear ya. It's a real bummer that a few "low lifes" ruin it for all!

I hear ya, that was one of my favorite places to fish. the topwater bite on a summer night was awesome. I will still camp there and fish the Cleghorn arm but no more "day" trips to the dam... not sure the economic impact will be enough to ever reopen the dam, shame...

Dam closing was not re: economics it was the DWR concerned about dam integrity, but DWR will use any excuse to shut off as much access to lakes as possible.

Yes back when shad were prevalent the dam was my go to spot for topwater, shad would chase um back and forth, they go by you crack a beer and wait for them to turn um and bring um back, memories.....

Quote Originally Posted by sealclubber View Post
    ....I find myself ridden with anxiety and anger at not being able to drive 30 seconds and be at the lake anymore.its a huge outlet for me to get up there and fish whenever I wanted.....
    Guess I should just suck it up and fix the old jeep so I can hit the quarry areas again....
    Just not motivated.sorry for whining.
    On the other hand I have been hitting the duct up again on the way to work ....never have caught a striper out of there but I've seen huge ones boiling and swimming around.
    Can you still park at the top? Or is that fenced of also

Yes .it's still open for staging.

Quote Originally Posted by sealclubber View Post
    Yes .it's still open for staging.
    Or the inevitable ninja's.

Is the road still closed, do you still have to drive around to Hesperia.

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Dam closing was not re: economics it was the DWR concerned about dam integrity, but DWR will use any excuse to shut off as much access to lakes as possible.

Yes back when shad were prevalent the dam was my go to spot for topwater, shad would chase um back and forth, they go by you crack a beer and wait for them to turn um and bring um back, memories.....
    The economic impact i was talking about is the drop in revenue from less people fishing, like it's not going to cost them much money to have have it closed so why not leave it closed forever. the reasons for the closure are understandable but if it was profitable to leave it open and regulate the activity there more they would do that, its not all about money but its a big part.

Quote Originally Posted by twin22s View Post
    The economic impact i was talking about is the drop in revenue from less people fishing, like it's not going to cost them much money to have have it closed so why not leave it closed forever. the reasons for the closure are understandable but if it was profitable to leave it open and regulate the activity there more they would do that, its not all about money but its a big part.
    Sorry but those that fish the dam really are not contributing in any way financially to the lake, they are actually a drain since the area has to be patrolled and cleaned and that outhouse gets destroyed constantly by graffiti and filth yet there was no entry fee to fish the dam.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast