Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Looks like 4 more years !

I see you've cut and paste and taken things out of context as usual, please cite the comments where I strung those words together in that order. So now you're reduced to making up things that I did not write. Nothing but a mindless troll that pastes bits and pieces of words together all the while misrepresenting the truth. We've discussed a wide range of topics if you can't keep up don't try.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    No, the stats speak for themselves. That's the point of statistics.

Of course, when the stats don't back up your banter, then of course you're going to dismiss them.

Obama? Hillary?

I thought we were talking about Trump here.

Isn't the title of the thread, "Looks like 4 more years?" What is up with bringing Hillary and Obama all the time? Wire tapping? Surveillance? Move on Steelplate, that's old news.

Quote Originally Posted by steelhead View Post
    Yes the straw man reference again because that's all you got. If you don't believe there's a liberal agenda then you must have been born yesterday but I thought you're much older than that. Jerry Brown is trying to stop a repeal of the GAS TAX even though there is a groundswell movement with hundreds of thousands of signatures collected to overturn their blatant abuse of power. Don't you remember the 2/3 majority in the legislature allowing them to pass whatever laws they want without checking with the citizens who pay them? If you think California is such a great state how about you pay for all the gas tax since you are so willing to fill their retirement coffers?
    How many of the democrat voters will volunteer to do that, I bet a very small percentage.
    Is that all you got??? I don't think anyone ever asked me that before!!! (I've got more tricks up my sleeve then Houdini) lol When it comes to Voter ID laws, if it really was an "Huge" problem. Don't you think every Conservative would cite that legitimate source who proved Voter ID laws were necessary??? They don't because it doesn't exist!!! I don't count the National Inquire, the Globe tabloid or Sean Hannity as an legitimate source.

When it comes to the State Gasoline tax increase. Jerry Brown had a little bit of bad luck on his timing of when it was to take effect. Gasoline prices had been falling for about 2 years prior to the Gas tax increase launch date. At the same time the new tax took effect, the international price of oil took a sharp price increase. So the price of Gas looks pretty expensive again. (but it wasn't all the new state Gasoline tax price increase that made it go up that much.) So who do you think is suppose to pay for our badly needed road repairs??? If I gave you Trumps answer, "you would die laughing!!" Just to show you how stupid Trump really is and the people who believe him really are. (I'll give you their chant) Who is going to pay for our road repairs?????? Mexico is going to pay for it!!!! That has the same likely hood of happening as Mexico paying for Trumps wall!!!!

You are mistaken, if you think the Gas tax goes for other things besides motoring needs. Motoring needs is a broad term, but the money doesn't go for welfare or some unrelated projects. If you believe it does??? As an FNN colleague, I urge you to stop listening to the people who tell you differently!!! lol
    Last edited by etucker1959; 05-02-2018 at 04:31 PM.

There were no voter ID laws until 1950, and that was only in 1 state. Most voter ID laws are recent, and there are still quite a few states with none. Thus, if noncitizen voters were such a problem, it would have been a much worse problem before. The fact is that voting fraud is rarer than four leaf clovers when people investigate it. The real reason for voter ID laws is to discourage likely liberal voters from voting, which is why only Republican majority state legislatures enact them. Anybody can google all of this on Wikipedia or a lot of other sites.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Lefty View Post
    There were no voter ID laws until 1950, and that was only in 1 state. Most voter ID laws are recent, and there are still quite a few states with none. Thus, if noncitizen voters were such a problem, it would have been a much worse problem before. The fact is that voting fraud is rarer than four leaf clovers when people investigate it. The real reason for voter ID laws is to discourage likely liberal voters from voting, which is why only Republican majority state legislatures enact them. Anybody can google all of this on Wikipedia or a lot of other sites.
    There were LESS illegal immigrants 60 years ago and you're saying it would have been a worse problem before? There's an unofficial number of 11 million See my post titled BWAHHHAAAHA . You lefties are full of contradiction with your liberal conspiracies, first it's the Republican voting base that's uneducated and poor that are Trump voters and yet the main argument for NOT having voting laws is because it disenfranchises democratic voters who don't have the means of getting a picture ID. Another jump the shark statement stating that the majority of those NOT having ID's are democrat voters?? What fake statistics are you pulling and out of where to support this bogus claim? Boy that's not new there you libs will twist and change the story to fit your non logical argument. What a joke

I'll play, there's millions of illegal immigrants in California. I challenge you to find ONE cited story or documentation of one case of illegal voting.
    You won't see it reported because there is NO interest to enforce it. It works against your left agenda. It doesn't mean it exist. Or let's play the loony liberal argument that's been taking place the last year and a half. According to the media everything in the Steele Dossier has NOT been disproven yet. So can you prove that the illegal voting hasn't happened? Same logic right?

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    Is that all you got??? I don't think anyone ever asked me that before!!! (I've got more tricks up my sleeve then Houdini) lol When it comes to Voter ID laws, if it really was an "Huge" problem. Don't you think every Conservative would cite that legitimate source who proved Voter ID laws were necessary??? They don't because it doesn't exist!!! I don't count the National Inquire, the Globe tabloid or Sean Hannity as an legitimate source.

When it comes to the State Gasoline tax increase. Jerry Brown had a little bit of bad luck on his timing of when it was to take effect. Gasoline prices had been falling for about 2 years prior to the Gas tax increase launch date. At the same time the new tax took effect, the international price of oil took a sharp price increase. So the price of Gas looks pretty expensive again. (but it wasn't all the new state Gasoline tax price increase that made it go up that much.) So who do you think is suppose to pay for our badly needed road repairs??? If I gave you Trumps answer, "you would die laughing!!" Just to show you how stupid Trump really is and the people who believe him really are. (I'll give you their chant) Who is going to pay for our road repairs?????? Mexico is going to pay for it!!!! That has the same likely hood of happening as Mexico paying for Trumps wall!!!!

You are mistaken, if you think the Gas tax goes for other things besides motoring needs. Motoring needs is a broad term, but the money doesn't go for welfare or some unrelated projects. If you believe it does??? As an FNN colleague, I urge you to stop listening to the people who tell you differently!!! lol

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result, or as you quoted so eloquently on here last year... and I paraphrase. I don't know how the state does it but it works!! The fact that it is afloat is not because of good leadership but it's because of the tax payers who break their back paying into the system despite the efforts of their leaders to @#$# it up!! This is one of the worse states when it comes to the k-12 education school system and has one of the highest rates of poverty and yet you liberals love to tout how the state contributes more into the federal coffers than it gets back. You don't remember the gas tax that was supposed to go into infrastructure years ago and now they're coming back with their hands out again but do a little research and you'll find that revenue collected was misappropriated into other pots. Gas in other states are UNDER $3 and the roads are fine.

Last edited by steelhead; 05-02-2018 at 06:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by steelhead View Post
    Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result, or as you quoted so eloquently on here last year... and I paraphrase. I don't know how the state does it but it works!! The fact that it is afloat is not because of good leadership but it's because of the tax payers who break their back paying into the system despite the efforts of their leaders to @#$# it up!! This is one of the worse states when it comes to the k-12 education school system and has one of the highest rates of poverty and yet you liberals love to tout how the state contributes more into the federal coffers than it gets back. You don't remember the gas tax that was supposed to go into infrastructure years ago and now they're coming back with their hands out again but do a little research and you'll find that revenue collected was misappropriated into other pots. Gas in other states are UNDER $3 and the roads are fine.
    The roads might be in fair shape in other states, but do they have 40 million people driving on them??? Think of all the cars California has as compared to other states. More cars cause a lot more use on the roads and California has many many more Freeways and roads that need more and more maintenance!!!

Speaking of Freeways, do you know why they are called Freeways???? Because they are FREE FREE FREE!!!! Back east they have tons of toll way's!!! Guess what a toll way does to the people who drive on them??? They have to pay money to use it!!! (they still pay gas tax's too!!!) Do you want me to get into the Federal Gas tax???? Don't you think CA contributes more then their share to that??? I think I made my point about other states roads aren't fine and California doesn't need to copy their model!!!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 05-02-2018 at 09:48 PM.

The roads are back in the rural parts of California as well where you don't have the amount of traffic you see here in LA so that doesn't explain anything and also the roads in the Paficic Northwest are subject to freezing temperature, rain and snow so environmental impacts that would cause more stress yet they are fine, see how the 5FWY looks noticeably in better shape when you cross into OR and WA? they are FREE until they are not, ever heard of OCTA's 405 project or how about the 71 or 133 or 91 , 241 tolls. The 405 project is going to charge people a premium to travel the tolls and depending on peak hours will charge more so they are not FREE.
    The roads might be in fair shape in other states, but do they have 40 million people driving on them??? Think of all the cars California has as compared to other states. More cars cause a lot more use on the roads and California has many many more Freeways and roads that need more and more maintenance!!!

Speaking of Freeways, do you know why they are called Freeways???? Because they are FREE FREE FREE!!!! Back east they have tons of toll way's!!! Guess what a toll way does to the people who drive on them??? They have to pay money to use it!!! (they still pay gas tax's too!!!) Do you want me to get into the Federal Gas tax???? Don't you think CA contributes more then their share to that??? I think I made my point about other states roads aren't fine and California doesn't need to copy their model!!!
    Last edited by steelhead; 05-03-2018 at 04:54 PM.

You are confusing apples and oranges here, Steelhead. First, voter ID laws have nothing to do with Trump. They are the idea of Republican state legislators.

Second, these laws have been found to be discriminatory, at least by some courts. That means they discriminate against minority people. It appears to be the intent of this legislation to make if more difficult for non white people to vote. White people mostly favor Republicans, while nonwhite people overwhelmingly favor Democrats. Thus, it is an attempt to help Republicans win elections.

It so happens that less educated white people tended to vote for Trump. It has not been true of all Republicans that they have appealed to less educated voters, but it is consistent that they have appealed to white voters, who are more likely to have the required ID. Thus, this issue is about race, not education level. It may have something to do with income level because minorities are more often poor and also less likely to have ID. Also, legal immigrants may feel intimidated and afraid to vote if asked for ID.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...-study/517218/

Regarding the problem getting worse, well, even Kobach the vote suppressor behind Crosscheck could only find 20 something cases of voter fraud, and not all of these were illegal immigrants or Democrats.

The idea that voter ID laws would discriminate against minorities is pure conjecture as are your other points indicating that democrat voters would be the ones most impacted by having a voter ID law, what "statistics" point to more democrats NOT having id compared to republican voters? So now less educated whites are trump voters but they are NOT impacted by the voter ID laws but educated minorities who happen to NOT have ID but are impacted by ID laws. So the minority democratic voters are more educated but yet they don't have ID, wouldn't you associate education with higher income levels and yet the cry from liberals is getting an ID causes financial stress on these voters. Right Yes let's cherry pick what narratives support your leftist agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Lefty View Post
    You are confusing apples and oranges here, Steelhead. First, voter ID laws have nothing to do with Trump. They are the idea of Republican state legislators.

Second, these laws have been found to be discriminatory, at least by some courts. That means they discriminate against minority people. It appears to be the intent of this legislation to make if more difficult for non white people to vote. White people mostly favor Republicans, while nonwhite people overwhelmingly favor Democrats. Thus, it is an attempt to help Republicans win elections.

It so happens that less educated white people tended to vote for Trump. It has not been true of all Republicans that they have appealed to less educated voters, but it is consistent that they have appealed to white voters, who are more likely to have the required ID. Thus, this issue is about race, not education level. It may have something to do with income level because minorities are more often poor and also less likely to have ID. Also, legal immigrants may feel intimidated and afraid to vote if asked for ID.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...-study/517218/

Regarding the problem getting worse, well, even Kobach the vote suppressor behind Crosscheck could only find 20 something cases of voter fraud, and not all of these were illegal immigrants or Democrats.
    Last edited by steelhead; 05-03-2018 at 04:53 PM.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910