Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Looks like 4 more years !

Whaahhhh...???

Duhhhh !

Did you read the article? ...guess not.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/04/1...-sanctuary-law

3 More California Cities Vote to Opt Out of State's Sanctuary Law

Newport Beach council votes 7-0 against law.

The Newport Beach city council voted unanimously earlier this week to challenge California's sanctuary law, joining a dozen other cities that are not interested in complying with the sanctuary policies.

It's the third city in the past two days to take such action, joining about a dozen others in recent weeks.

"It's a tool in the toolbox for our police to help keep criminals off the street," Newport Beach Councilman Scott Peotter said of the vote against the law.

He said the issue is not about opposition to immigrants - as critics allege - but about keeping "illegal alien criminals" from re-entering the community.

The sanctuary law is heavily supported by Gov. Jerry Brown (D) and State Attorney General Xavier Becerra (D).

Peotter also said that Brown is sending National Guard troops to the border for reasons other than to prevent illegal immigration.

"You listen to Jerry Brown, and he's sending [troops] there for other reasons. Not for immigration purposes," he said. "In either event, the troops end up being at the border."

"So it's a matter of, whose spin do you want to listen to?" he added, arguing that the state is controlled by two-thirds Democrats.

Peotter said the state did not listen to the city's concerns about the law before it passed and now the city is joining the lawsuit against the state by Attorney General Jeff Sessions.

"We want to be a law and order city and a law and order state. We want to comply with federal law and state law. They put us into a situation where we have to choose and we don't like it," he added.

I'm not sure how bad the illegal rapist crime is in Newport and how many go there for 'sanctuary', but hey whatever.
    They better be careful or there will be nobody to wash their cars, clean their houses, landscape their mansions or raise their kids (nanny) etc....lol

Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    I'm not sure how bad the illegal rapist crime is in Newport and how many go there for 'sanctuary', but hey whatever.
    They better be careful or there will be nobody to wash their cars, clean their houses, landscape their mansions or raise their kids (nanny) etc....lol
    As in most Conservative ideas when they are played out. The results are usually disastrous!!!

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    As in most Conservative ideas when they are played out. The results are usually disastrous!!!

A little bit of racist thought oozing from the behinds of the left... typical, once they get their dander up passed that certain high pitched squeal.

Last edited by commiechew; 04-12-2018 at 03:04 PM.

I'll defend my position a little bit.

How's that tax cut working out? Senate Corker said today, after he saw the CBO report on the deficit. It's the worse thing he ever voted for!!!

In the state of Kansas they tried the perfect Conservative economic plan. Cut tax's and wait for the economy to be stimulated so much, "It'll pay for itself." You can guess what the results were??? Total economic disaster!!!

One of the Southern states passed a tough law to get rid of those "no good illegal aliens!!!" Guess what happened to farm labor??? Total disaster!!!

I could go on, but "I hope you get the point!!"
    Last edited by etucker1959; 04-12-2018 at 04:35 PM.

I'll defend my position a little bit.

How's that tax cut working out? Senate Corker said today, after he saw the CBO report on the deficit. It's the worse thing he ever voted for!!!

In the state of Kansas they tried the perfect Conservative economic plan. Cut tax's and wait for the economy to be stimulated so much, "It'll pay for itself." You can guess what the results were??? Total economic disaster!!!

One of the Southern states passed a tough law to get rid of those "no good illegal aliens!!!" Guess what happened to farm labor??? Total disaster!!!

I could go on, but "I hope you get the point!!"

Oh, that's what you were trying to convey? I thought you were just agreeing that all illegal aliens pick our fruit, wash Newport Beach Owner's cars, clean rich people's houses, take care of everyone else's children and last but not least... mow other people's lawns. But, I see that's clearly a misconception of where you two were trying to steer this post... or

Maybe not?

I guess that aspect of "farm labor" is a reality we just have to accept. We'll just overlook the illegal rapist crime, after all every race has "illegal" rapist crime. LOL
    Last edited by commiechew; 04-12-2018 at 06:27 PM.

Last edited by commiechew; 04-14-2018 at 09:33 AM.

Spouting off liberal talking points again like a tool. If you travel outside of California you'll see whites working at McDonald's, busting tables, working at laundromats and yes even landscaping! If you go outside of your bubble of Southern California you'll actually see that a good part of Northern California also has white people working service jobs MORON. LOL!

WOW tucker, only passed a few months and it's already a total disaster, I wonder how long it took for the news media to jump on the total disaster of Obamacare, was it months after? Wait, they're still trying to prop it up but I think they've finally come around to realizing it was a total disaster and have given up on it knowing that the new tax law essentially killed it by doing away with the individual mandate. Tax cut is working fine for me, just saw 300 extra a month in my paycheck. What? you will tell me I'll pay for it in the long run?? Why don't you give me the trifecta at Los Alamitos and let's make some real money!

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast