Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Looks like 4 more years !

Quote Originally Posted by steelhead View Post
    TTrying to make the connection between education level and Trump supporters makes me think you were a HRC supporter so no wonder the outrage at Trump's presidency. I do recall a "deplorable" comment the almost President made.
    https://finance.yahoo.com/news/nate-...175346480.html
    Speaking of recalling comments:

""I love the poorly educated," Trump famously said after winning the Nevada Caucuses in February, 2016."

Steelplate, why do you think he would say he loves the poorly educated?

You mean this Silver the one that gave Trump a whopping 15% chance of winning the election? Trying to make the connection between education level and Trump supporters makes me think you were a HRC supporter so no wonder the outrage at Trump's presidency. I do recall a "deplorable" comment the almost President made.
    https://finance.yahoo.com/news/nate-...175346480.html
    Long shots do come in sometimes. But how would you predict the dumb stunt Comey did right before the election. Trump did lose the popular vote by almost 3 million votes. I think it time to get rid of the Electoral College!!!

Yes, Silver correctly predicted the outcome of every state in the 2008 and 2012 elections, I think. The vote in this election was within the margin of error, percentage-wise, but the distribution of the votes threw several states narrowly to Trump and gave him the election due to the Electoral College. His math really was pretty close overall though. I agree that we should get rid of the Electoral College, Eric, and also, add some reasonable qualifications in order for a person to become president.

I am most definitely not a fan of the Clintons, either one of them, but I did prefer Hillary over the alternative.
    Last edited by Natural Lefty; 04-23-2018 at 01:43 PM.

By the way, Ivana Trump doesn't think that Donald Trump should run for re-election. That would definitely squelch any possibility of four more years.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ion/ar-AAweGXi

Quote Originally Posted by commiechew View Post

What dumb stunt, are you saying Comey actually tried to help Trump? That's a good one Tucker. Trump won despite the establishment doing everything they can to stop him, Comey did him no favor, remember Comey has gone on record to say that he thought Clinton was oging to win and did not want any air of uncertainty about the investigation to delegitimize her presidency so he cleared her of all wrong doing and the 10 days before the election only to pop the GOP balloon again with a few days to go saying that there was nothing new and she was cleared for the umpteenth time. You're on the popular vote again? Do you want to rewrite the electoral process?? California has NO voter ID law and anybody applying for a driver's license can check a box to register to vote and have ballots sent home for absentee.
    Yeah there's no potential for fraud there. Want to buy a bridge in havasu?

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    Long shots do come in sometimes. But how would you predict the dumb stunt Comey did right before the election. Trump did lose the popular vote by almost 3 million votes. I think it time to get rid of the Electoral College!!!

Pure comedy, so now he should listen to his EX wife on whether to run or not. You guys are comedians like Jimmy Kimmel but he gets paid for dumb jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Lefty View Post
    By the way, Ivana Trump doesn't think that Donald Trump should run for re-election. That would definitely squelch any possibility of four more years.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ion/ar-AAweGXi

Generalization as usual, you guys love to generalize and put people into boxes, thus the identity politics. Are there uneducated Trump voters, you bet but look at the lot of you lumping groups together and finger pointing. Look at Lefty's comment generalizing Trump supporters as poorly educated, condescending much?
    [QUOTE=DarkShadow;795613]Speaking of recalling comments:

""I love the poorly educated," Trump famously said after winning the Nevada Caucuses in February, 2016."

Steelplate, why do you think he would say he loves the poorly educated?[/QUOTE

What dumb stunt, are you saying Comey actually tried to help Trump? That's a good one Tucker. Trump won despite the establishment doing everything they can to stop him, Comey did him no favor, remember Comey has gone on record to say that he thought Clinton was oging to win and did not want any air of uncertainty about the investigation to delegitimize her presidency so he cleared her of all wrong doing and the 10 days before the election only to pop the GOP balloon again with a few days to go saying that there was nothing new and she was cleared for the umpteenth time. You're on the popular vote again? Do you want to rewrite the electoral process?? California has NO voter ID law and anybody applying for a driver's license can check a box to register to vote and have ballots sent home for absentee.
    Yeah there's no potential for fraud there. Want to buy a bridge in havasu?
    It's not like there has been no research on impersonation voter fraud. What was it??? 1 Billion votes check over a number of years and they found 32 cases of voter fraud. Not like that is a major problem. Just saw today in Congress, the whistle blower of that research group headed by Bannon. When asked if they went after ways to discourage would be Democrats from voting. The answer was "Heck yes!!" That's what the real reason is for Voter ID laws. To make it harder for Democrats to vote!!!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 04-25-2018 at 08:41 PM.

I was not generalizing, Steelhead. I was citing research on the demographics of who tended to vote for Trump.

I think the ex-wife is relevant, given that Trump has 2 of them plus numerous sex scandals, and yet he is apparently a family values guy according to Christian conservatives. Ivana probably knows a lot more about Trump's suitability as president than most of us do.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast