Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Silver Lakes New PB...but not for me!

Default Silver Lakes New PB...but not for me!

My wife and I bough a home in the high desert community of Silver Lakes. Private lakes and golf course. After getting settled in it just so happened they stocked the lakes for a derby. A week or so after the derby I finally convinced my wife to come out on the lake with me in the yak and do a little fishing. It was tough to get her out but she did it. After we fished around a couple of hours and caught a few 1-3 lb fish we decided to call it a day. We had a blast. But in my usual fashion I left a line out on the way back to the marina. About a hundred yards out we hook up. Yep, my wife reeled in a bigger trout than any I've caught in over 10 years. So my wife sets a high bar on the personal best front right out the gate. She is a force to be reckoned with. Can't wait to get her out fishing for Yellowtail with luck like that.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Carries Trout2.jpg 
Views:	393 
Size:	90.7 KB 
ID:	50950

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave River Angler View Post
    My wife and I bough a home in the high desert community of Silver Lakes. Private lakes and golf course. After getting settled in it just so happened they stocked the lakes for a derby. A week or so after the derby I finally convinced my wife to come out on the lake with me in the yak and do a little fishing. It was tough to get her out but she did it. After we fished around a couple of hours and caught a few 1-3 lb fish we decided to call it a day. We had a blast. But in my usual fashion I left a line out on the way back to the marina. About a hundred yards out we hook up. Yep, my wife reeled in a bigger trout than any I've caught in over 10 years. So my wife sets a high bar on the personal best front right out the gate. She is a force to be reckoned with. Can't wait to get her out fishing for Yellowtail with luck like that.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Carries Trout2.jpg 
Views:	393 
Size:	90.7 KB 
ID:	50950
    Where do they get the water for those lakes? Natural springs? I always pass the turnoff on 395 and wonder what the heck was up with lakes in the middle of the high desert. I assume maybe a bass, crappie, and bluegill population too?

John

If you're going to take your wife out for the yellowtail, you better have her hit the gym for awhile. They pull like a freight train!

A KILLER Trout by the way!!
    Last edited by BassinPLS; 03-28-2018 at 09:47 AM.

Nice trout kids use to live there and we would boat fish it. The ramp there is where they stock at so good spot plus where the water inlet is just drift around there and it does pretty good also.
    I think if the wife can handle a trout like that the yellows will be in trouble to.