Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fishing LA harbor off my boat

Quote Originally Posted by bowler View Post
    Don’t be scared. I’m going to take my boat out to open waters soon for some rockcod and bass
    Great Video, I felt like I was there on the boat! Way to put the time in on the water!

PLEASE be sure to check the weather twice, three times, four times before you head out into open water, especially this time of the year. The forecast are just that, a forecast and things change pretty quick on the LB shelf. You will have to venture out about 4 miles before you get a zone for Rock Fish, 4 miles is a long ways back in a smaller boat in crappy weather or wind.
    Last edited by HESBROS; 04-06-2018 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HESBROS View Post
    PLEASE be sure to check the weather twice, three times, four times before you head out into open water, especially this time of the year. The forecast are just that, a forecast and things change pretty quick on the LB shelf. You will have to venture out about 4 miles before you get a zone for Rock Fish, 4 miles is a long ways back in a smaller boat in crappy weather or wind.
    I have a weather radio that gives up to the date conditions. I know even in the harbor it can change very fast. If see the wind start picking up I’m head back in no matter what I don’t care if I’m on a hot bite

Quote Originally Posted by bowler View Post
    I have a weather radio that gives up to the date conditions. I know even in the harbor it can change very fast. If see the wind start picking up I’m head back in no matter what I don’t care if I’m on a hot bite
    OKay copy that. Looks like you have the Garmin GPS/FF combo? If you have a GPS, I can PM you some numbers, inside and outside of LB.

Quote Originally Posted by HESBROS View Post
    OKay copy that. Looks like you have the Garmin GPS/FF combo? If you have a GPS, I can PM you some numbers, inside and outside of LB.
    Yes it is I just pm you

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12