Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Castaic Lagoon 3/23

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Castaic Lagoon 3/23

Went out to the goon today for a few hours. It was slower than the last time I went out. Didn't find any fish on my previous waypoints, so I went out looking. Found a spot that looked to be holding fish. I had to work for that bite. I worked that area for about half hour before getting bit. Got bit crawling a dark green jig with trailer. I tried every retrieve, the one that worked was an extremely slow crawl. Caught 2 that way , then nothing. This weather has them acting a bit shy.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4B391CC690F9387E3CD59A1651E373AF.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	94.2 KB 
ID:	50944

ya sometimes i feel castaic gives you just enough fish to keep coming back. but other times it can also test your resolve. the bad thing for me from shore is i feel like i do better covering water but then i slow down in the cold but then i never know if there is fish around or not but i have had my best day on shore casting one spot for like 4 hours.. so dont know if fish are all just sitting there laughing at each cast or moving around a lot. or a little of both. or if just certain time hit and they will just all eat all of a sudden but then it turns off pretty fast. its a pain though... the challenge of largemouth fishing in a pressured lake.

I feel you on that. There's a whole science that goes into finding fish, whether from a boat or shore. Once found, a whole different ball game trying to get them to bite.