Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spawners and snaggers

Default Spawners and snaggers

I'm so glad that "my" lake at the local nearby park is murky with it's usual algae bloom. It's pretty difficult to do any sight fishing for spawning bass, which I think is great. We get these guys that come in with a plastic worm on a big treble hook, snag a big female bass, then say that the fish tried to grab the worm. They end up keeping these fish that are full of eggs and take them home to eat. I've even seen guys trying to snag the big spawning carp that do their splashing and chasing each other right next to shore. If any California Dept. of F & W personnel want to contact me about this, it would be great! Just send me a PM or leave a message here and I'll contact you..

Bucketeeres raping the waters bare

Bucket Brigade in the house!

And don't worry about the DFW, they usually don't respond to the Cal Tip # on the back of your license.

I ended up calling the Riverside County Sheriff's office, and complained to them, then they told me they would contact the Riverside County Parks Dept. and in a callback told me that Park Rangers would spend some time this month and April at Fairmount Park as plainclothes fisherman to check for any illegal infractions and for fishing licenses. (they still carry their sidearm and badge and drive an unmarked car). They thanked me for being a concerned citizen and fisherman! He also said the county is putting a lot of money into that park for improvements. That is so awesome! Wow! I did not expect that!

That's cool Jeff I live about 3 miles from it but don't fish it to much because I always get skunked, but its a great place to practice my photography hobby. Remember this article in the newspaper that's me in the photo.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture 8.jpg 
Views:	246 
Size:	20.5 KB 
ID:	50930 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Captureoo.jpg 
Views:	284 
Size:	21.2 KB 
ID:	50931

Quote Originally Posted by old pudd fisher View Post
    That's cool Jeff I live about 3 miles from it but don't fish it to much because I always get skunked, but its a great place to practice my photography hobby. Remember this article in the newspaper that's me in the photo.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture 8.jpg 
Views:	246 
Size:	20.5 KB 
ID:	50930 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Captureoo.jpg 
Views:	284 
Size:	21.2 KB 
ID:	50931

Waaiiiit....

Feral pigs?!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Waaiiiit....

Feral pigs?!
    Yup there’s pigs in the water and out of the water there. 😂

Been fishing there for years and have never seen a wild pig at the park. Coyotes, ravens, skunks, opossums, raccoons, several kinds of hawks and owls, loose dogs, lots of water turtles, but never any pigs, except for the human kind.. I know they are in the Santa Ana River bottom and they sometimes go into neighborhoods, but I have not seen them.

9. Default

Good for you reporting it!
    This time of the year is awful at Seccombe, Ford, Fairmount-snaggers galore, all so proud of their ability to bed "fish."

Several years back, a family started yelling at me at Fairmount after I had the audacity to release a bed fish - they were really upset that I didn't give it to them.

They have the green fishing pier or bridge thing all closed off to people. There wasn't anyone there to ask what that was all about. Maybe they are going to paint it..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast