Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Castaic Lagoon 3/19

Default Castaic Lagoon 3/19

I had some carb problems last time I was out, so I decided that before I took apart the carbs, I would give the lagoon a try using my trolling motor. It had been years since I had fished the lagoon. I had forgotten how productive it can be. Looked around for about an hour creating waypoints on spots that looked good. Then went back and started fishing those spots. It paid off. They were loving the robos on a drop shot. Caught 9 in the 2.5lb range and this 5.73lb.
    Fishing 15-20 ft of water.
    I think I might have stopped fishing the lagoon because I had a low powered trolling motor. Then I got the I-pilot 112 lb and didn't even cross my mind to go back. I will definitely be spending more time there. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4209426DDAE93326429CBC7B7EEEE193.jpg 
Views:	469 
Size:	93.4 KB 
ID:	50917

nice day out man. the lagoon is cool and has nice bloodlines but no trout stock anymore. and all those bloodlines were caught at the upper. but ya i fished the lagoon a couple summers ago every night for a few hours for a month straight and caught like 4-5 nice ones. but all at night so no recording.