Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 3/10/18 fishing trip with Pete

Default 3/10/18 fishing trip with Pete

We uncorked it yesterday at Diamond Valley... BIG TIME..
    We went out with Pete to Diamond Valley Lake and we killed it.

Even though the weather was predicted to be below average all day with mostly light drizzle but no wind.. We still headed out with Pete.

We had a Magnum limit.. Our best 5 bass weighed OVER 31 LBS.. And I had the big bass of the day with a GIANT weighing 9 1/2 LBS.. which won the burrito and beer jackpot..
    EPIC day For Sure... One for the ages.. and I think we could have had more than that because we lost a couple fish that would have helped the cause.. And we fished only from 630am till 1pm..

I 100% recommend going out with Pete, made it so much fun and help out all the way. Showed us techniques what to look for an so much more.

Pete thanks for the best trip ever.

I have videos but don't know how to upload them if anyone can help I’d appreciate it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180310_123610[1].jpg 
Views:	296 
Size:	97.7 KB 
ID:	50887   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180310_123710_027[1].jpg 
Views:	238 
Size:	101.6 KB 
ID:	50888   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180310_123814[1].jpg 
Views:	233 
Size:	97.9 KB 
ID:	50889   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180310_123754[1].jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	99.4 KB 
ID:	50890   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180310_123836[1].jpg 
Views:	227 
Size:	94.8 KB 
ID:	50891  

Last edited by clos_fish05; 03-12-2018 at 01:00 PM.

hey bro.. Im glad we went out there.. I had a blast... It was epic seeing you catch consecutive GIANTS!!!! The sound of that 9 lber jumping was insane!!!

Pete

Very nice fellas!

Nice work on some DVL giants! Thanks for the post. Looks like great team work and an experienced guide was the right ticket.

Jim

Nice sack of keepers!

True testament to the benefits of fishing with a guide,especially if your newer to a certain kind of fishing,we can always learn something new,very nice!

Cya Tuna Vic

I tell you what about hiring a guide. Its not so much what you catch its what you learn. When I was new to Walleye fishing in the 80s we had a guide take us walleye fishing. I used what he taught us as a foundation for Walleye fishing for the rest of my life. I had a guide take me on DVL some ten years ago. Once again, the stuff he taught me I still use today and has caught me many more fish because of the experience. Now these fellas with Pete not only had a great day, but i am sure will use the information they learned from Pete for many moons to come.

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerRod View Post
    I tell you what about hiring a guide. Its not so much what you catch its what you learn. When I was new to Walleye fishing in the 80s we had a guide take us walleye fishing. I used what he taught us as a foundation for Walleye fishing for the rest of my life. I had a guide take me on DVL some ten years ago. Once again, the stuff he taught me I still use today and has caught me many more fish because of the experience. Now these fellas with Pete not only had a great day, but i am sure will use the information they learned from Pete for many moons to come.
    Very true, not only did we have fun but the knowledge that we took with us made us better fisherman, and will use it from now on.