Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Thursday at Castaic

Default Thursday at Castaic

Went to Castaic with my friend Bob to do some trolling, and spend time on the water together. Water is super clear, and cold 53-54 degrees at days end. Metered a lot of bait, but very few predators. The highest concentrations of stripers were in the vicinity of Kong Island, but not liking what we were showing them. Caught a few small bass, all were very chunky, but small. The bass guys we spoke with said that the bass are hitting smaller sized lures and plastics. Threw the lunker punker at some of the usual spots, for nothing, which, since we were not seeing too many marks, wasn't surprising. As we were coming off the water, there was quite a commotion around the launch area, the stocking truck had been there about2 hours earlier, got out the small kastmasters, and got our limits on small stockers in about 10 minutes. My wife has been bugging me to catch her some trout, which is a tall order for Castaic, unless you happen to be there when they stock, or a day or two later, so she was excited when I got home. It was really nice, almost 80, with no wind, slight breeze. Today and this weekend would be the days to bring out the big swimbaits, unfortunately I will be working...... No pics, we all know what stocker trouts look like, lol.....

Dave

That stocking should bring the big uns' close to the docks, but unfortunately, I gotta work too. We gotta support this addiction somehow
    I was able to jig a few out right by the docks, but deep. They hang around waiting for their special delivery.
    They're just like us when we're waiting for that ups/fed ex truck.
    Enjoy those fish tacos!