Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Castaic 3/6

Default Castaic 3/6

The wind was strong all morning so I decide to sleep in. Got to the lake at around 2pm. Hit up a few coves, Caught a few dragging a jig, nothing to brag about. Decided to troll some new trout swim baits I bought last week, but nothing. As I was trolling, I found a nice school at about 40 ft, so I stopped. Tied on a new drop jig I bought at Bass Pro. First free fall, got hit on the way down. Took off like a freight train. As soon as I put pressure on the line, it got off. I pulled it back up and re rigged it with an owner treble. After that, I was able to land 2 in 15 mins. Then the school moved. It was getting late so I headed to the docks to see if I could find another school around there. Found some right by the first buoy. Was able to pull one more from that group using the same jig. Then it was time to go. All three were pretty skinny. 1 had a small shad in the stomach, the rest were empty.

Nice report, thanks. You got a picture of the jig?

Quote Originally Posted by ichthus View Post
    Nice report, thanks. You got a picture of the jig?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1520480050289442409957.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	92.3 KB 
ID:	50881

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180307_192608.jpg 
Views:	215 
Size:	88.8 KB 
ID:	50880
    I just noticed it has an "EBS" which stands for electronic baitfish sound. I had no idea! It has great action on the way down. Not too fast or too slow. Great product.

nice a full bag is better then some guys do on tournament days. so to me its good even if they werent all 5 pound plus. i would think water is cold after past two weeks and bass lethargic waiting for warmer water to start moving up to spawn so a fast hitting train was prob a carp? or striper? ive caught some decent largemouth there last winter and they barely put up a fight when water was around this cold. though im not 100% sure the temp of the lake right now.

Thanks for all your reports FX. Gets me excited about Castaic again. Things just feel different with people leaving and all. The excitement of all the boil chasers and figuring out who's who was part of the fun!

No problem at all. I use to come here when I first started fishing castaic to get info. Now hopefully I'm returning the favor to someone. Hope to see you out there.