Needed to go pick up a couple of reels that I had serviced at Anglers Tackle in Oceanside.
Since I was headed out that way I decided to bring some surf gear, just in case there was a break in the weather.
When I arrived at around 11:00 it was a beautiful sight to see the waves were just 1-2 feet, but close together.
I picked up my reels, bought some new trebles and a new LC FM115, Anchovy pattern.

I decided that I would head up the coast to one of my usual haunts.
There was an outgoing high tide that ended at around 4:00. It was 12:15 when I arrived so it was a perfect time to see if I could get a tug on the end of my line.

It would be about an hour before I got a nibble and it was a fast one and I didn't set the hook..
Considering that it had been a couple of months I won't complain.
It would be around another 10 minutes and I found a clear spot in the water and it was holding;

This particular stretch of beach has been lousy the last few years.
Well there is finally structure in the water again and I feel confident, "Halibut Hotel" will be holding tons of fish again the near future.
Just like the one I pulled in 20 minutes later;

I did lose another flatty but that's okay, It just felt good to be out in the surf again, fishing, thinking and a little bit of catching as well.

Take Care All,
Robert
<><