Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: saturday afternoon break 3/3/18

Default saturday afternoon break 3/3/18

Needed to go pick up a couple of reels that I had serviced at Anglers Tackle in Oceanside.
    Since I was headed out that way I decided to bring some surf gear, just in case there was a break in the weather.
    When I arrived at around 11:00 it was a beautiful sight to see the waves were just 1-2 feet, but close together.
    I picked up my reels, bought some new trebles and a new LC FM115, Anchovy pattern.

I decided that I would head up the coast to one of my usual haunts.
    There was an outgoing high tide that ended at around 4:00. It was 12:15 when I arrived so it was a perfect time to see if I could get a tug on the end of my line.

It would be about an hour before I got a nibble and it was a fast one and I didn't set the hook..
    Considering that it had been a couple of months I won't complain.
    It would be around another 10 minutes and I found a clear spot in the water and it was holding;

This particular stretch of beach has been lousy the last few years.
    Well there is finally structure in the water again and I feel confident, "Halibut Hotel" will be holding tons of fish again the near future.
    Just like the one I pulled in 20 minutes later;

I did lose another flatty but that's okay, It just felt good to be out in the surf again, fishing, thinking and a little bit of catching as well.

Take Care All,
    Robert
    <><

Good job getting out Roberto....... I can see you are like me and not going to pay the stupid fees for photobucket holding our pics hostage.....what the heck. There are other photo hosting sites Ive seen guys use lately though.

Quote Originally Posted by bones View Post
    Good job getting out Roberto....... I can see you are like me and not going to pay the stupid fees for photobucket holding our pics hostage.....what the heck. There are other photo hosting sites Ive seen guys use lately though.
    I don't know what happened, they were both there when I previewed the report.
    On my screen, one is still there?!?

Nice bro. Glad to see you getting out too. Thanks for the report!

Nice going Brotha! Glad to see that you were able to get out there. I’ll be heading out your way in mid April. Hopefully we can get a session in.

Don

Quote Originally Posted by bones View Post
    I can see you are like me and not going to pay the stupid fees for photobucket holding our pics hostage.....what the heck. There are other photo hosting sites Ive seen guys use lately though.
    I can't see the pictures either, I'm using Imgur for my photos. Congrats on the flat ones, Verne

Quote Originally Posted by webmaster View Post
    Nice bro. Glad to see you getting out too. Thanks for the report!
    Thanks Jeff.
    You been getting out?

Quote Originally Posted by bachiboy View Post
    Nice going Brotha! Glad to see that you were able to get out there. I’ll be heading out your way in mid April. Hopefully we can get a session in.

Don
    I'll make time Don.
    Take Care

Quote Originally Posted by vdisney View Post
    I can't see the pictures either, I'm using Imgur for my photos. Congrats on the flat ones, Verne
    Thank You Verne.
    Also, thanks for the other site info.
    When I get a minute I'll check it out.
    God Bless

Thumbs up

Brother Roberto, good to see you getting out there too...
    Maybe we should plan something and get some of the guys back out together this Spring.
    Like the good ol' days...
    Be well my friend...

Roberto,

Great to see you get out but photo less reports are like the story of the one that got away. LOL! I been offline so long that I did not even know that my past posts are now photo less myself!

I won't thread jack you but yes, the Feds gave me an ironic mandatory out to pasture date upon turning "57".

Look forward to getting some time to get out with the "ol gang"

Steve