Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Girls Catching Big Brook Trout

Default Girls Catching Big Brook Trout

Well sometimes it is worth a quick stop at a lake even if you have a few minutes. We were on our way up to Sun Peaks Resort when we swung off onto a lake that I like to fish for Brook Trout. Took the girls out for a few minutes and left Mom sleeping in the truck. Set up a Jaw Jacker for each of them. I had forgot bait so I used a Berkley Power Nymph on each on a small jig and set in ultra shallow water about two to three feet. We had two big hits, the first lost by Sierra at the hole due to a tangled mess in the weeds, but it was big too. Then Cali got a monster 19 inch brook trout as well. Then I got a wee little one on my jigging rod before it was time to go. I also lost my hockey stick scoop with the yellow plastic scoop on the lake. Hopefully someone has given it a good home. Anyways I hope you enjoy the video. My little one was so sad after she lost the fish she was crying. So sad.

How cute. Are you sure that isn't a Laker? It's hard to tell with all that snow on it. LOL It's huge for a Brook Trout. The biggest Brookie I have ever caught was only 12 inches, while on a backpacking trip in the Sierras.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Lefty View Post
    How cute. Are you sure that isn't a Laker? It's hard to tell with all that snow on it. LOL It's huge for a Brook Trout. The biggest Brookie I have ever caught was only 12 inches, while on a backpacking trip in the Sierras.
    The only type of fish in this lake are brook trout and they stock them every year as little fingerlings. They grow very fast and get quite large. This one was 19 inches long. If you want a big Brookie in California try out Kirman Lake! Good luck!

I know about Kirman Lake but I have not been there. My wife doesn't like to hike much and I like to accompany her. I am okay with smaller fish anyway. LOL

I suppose the names Sierra and Callie are no coincidence since you used to live here. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Lefty View Post
    I know about Kirman Lake but I have not been there. My wife doesn't like to hike much and I like to accompany her. I am okay with smaller fish anyway. LOL

I suppose the names Sierra and Callie are no coincidence since you used to live here. ;)
    You got that. We actually named them Sierra and Caleah. But we shortened the oldest to Cali... so she thinks thats her name.