Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: A little Prado action

Default A little Prado action

Took the kayak out to Prado park yesterday to see if I could hook up on any leftovers from Saturday's trout derby. Took all day, but around 3pm I got this one. 8.04 lbs. Saw another around the same size caught.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8# trout 2.jpg 
Views:	606 
Size:	86.6 KB 
ID:	50851  

Quote Originally Posted by 5shot View Post
    Took the kayak out to Prado park yesterday to see if I could hook up on any leftovers from Saturday's trout derby. Took all day, but around 3pm I got this one. 8.04 lbs. Saw another around the same size caught.
    Nice fish!! How many did you get all together?

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    Nice fish!! How many did you get all together?
    Just 2. But both were in the last 15 minutes I fished. If I would have worked that same spot longer, I probably could have got a couple more. Looks like most of the shore fishermen were getting 3-4 fish.

Nice trout! Did they ever lower it down so far a while back to repair something, that they had to remove all the fish? I just wonder if there are any decent sized bass in the lake. Did they re-stock it with fingerling bass and Bluegill?

Quote Originally Posted by fishmounter View Post
    Nice trout! Did they ever lower it down so far a while back to repair something, that they had to remove all the fish? I just wonder if there are any decent sized bass in the lake. Did they re-stock it with fingerling bass and Bluegill?
    They did drain it completely last summer. Supposedly they restocked with 1/2-1lb bass, catfish, and bluegill. They also took some trees and brush that was cut down at Glen Helen park and made new bass habitat before they refilled it.

Quote Originally Posted by 5shot View Post
    They did drain it completely last summer. Supposedly they restocked with 1/2-1lb bass, catfish, and bluegill. They also took some trees and brush that was cut down at Glen Helen park and made new bass habitat before they refilled it.
    That fish is a beast! Congrats!! How much do they charge to launch a kayak?

Quote Originally Posted by Breaking Bass View Post
    That fish is a beast! Congrats!! How much do they charge to launch a kayak?
    They charge $5.00

Nice trout

Congrats on your catch.

Nice way to persevere to the end,great pay off!

Cya Tuna Vic