Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2-24 slow & cold

Default 2-24 slow & cold

What’s up everyone went out today & trolled. Started fishing at 7 trolled miller and cleghorn with some big baits nothing. Moved out and fished the inlet area nothing. Moved out by the quarry and picked up this nice Largie. Saw some fish on the meter but nothing like a couple weeks back. Seems like the cold might have something to do with it. Anything I did meter wasn’t interested or was super deep like 75’ or deeper. Changed up lures and the same nothing. Water temp was between 46-50 fished from 15-40’ as deep as I can reach with the lead and it was cold, 17 degrees at 7am, lake was flat wind came up at 11 and it wouldn’t stop. Time to go.

Been out a couple times since my last post and fishing has been slow, talked to a couple guys last time said they got some and 1 guy was fishing deep like 70’. No down riggers yet so I’ll wait until they come back up to play. Have some footage recorded not much action but I will get them uploaded this week.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4BCFB950-399A-467A-82ED-50F55C7FE461.jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	15.7 KB 
ID:	50826  

Beaut of a largie!
    I always had the best luck fishing at around 12-14' on the DR, they would meter deeper but wouldn't bite deeper. Thanks for the report!

Quote Originally Posted by JAG107 View Post
    Beaut of a largie!
    I always had the best luck fishing at around 12-14' on the DR, they would meter deeper but wouldn't bite deeper. Thanks for the report!
    Yeah they were up higher too, I tried moving up but nothing. Just wasn’t the day. When they get stacked up thick is usually when they are in the mood. Or when there is a ball they are chewin on. Seemed like the thick bunches were just cruising too deep. Probably the temp or oxygen level they’re looking for right now. It’s been windy this week too. Not exactly sure but I am sitting here thinking about trying to get them tomorrow we will see.

ya the past two weeks have been freezing at least in santa clarita. i ride a mini motorcycle but one day i didnt dress for it and ya i was freezing on way to work. i wanted to go out this weekend but its freezing again and windy. ill prob try to sneak out next week if i have some time off but im waiting for the spawn from the banks im on but that might be another week or few off with this weather. at least you got one though. i just dont think i can get deep enough for them when its this cold. though i have gotten hogs close to the banks when its freezing and raining. just this year i havent got lucky so its hard to go out every cold *** day.
    Last edited by jdogg661420; 02-24-2018 at 10:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by phelanfisher View Post
    What’s up everyone went out today & trolled. Started fishing at 7 trolled miller and cleghorn with some big baits nothing. Moved out and fished the inlet area nothing. Moved out by the quarry and picked up this nice Largie. Saw some fish on the meter but nothing like a couple weeks back. Seems like the cold might have something to do with it. Anything I did meter wasn’t interested or was super deep like 75’ or deeper. Changed up lures and the same nothing. Water temp was between 46-50 fished from 15-40’ as deep as I can reach with the lead and it was cold, 17 degrees at 7am, lake was flat wind came up at 11 and it wouldn’t stop. Time to go.

Been out a couple times since my last post and fishing has been slow, talked to a couple guys last time said they got some and 1 guy was fishing deep like 70’. No down riggers yet so I’ll wait until they come back up to play. Have some footage recorded not much action but I will get them uploaded this week.
    Saw you on the water today. Saw you reel in a nice bass.

Quote Originally Posted by bowler View Post
    Saw you on the water today. Saw you reel in a nice bass.
    Saw you out there today said you got 1 when we first passed. Thought it was gonna be descent weather was beautiful, but they’re still cold. I was fishing deeeeeeep.

Quote Originally Posted by jdogg661420 View Post
    ya the past two weeks have been freezing at least in santa clarita. i ride a mini motorcycle but one day i didnt dress for it and ya i was freezing on way to work. i wanted to go out this weekend but its freezing again and windy. ill prob try to sneak out next week if i have some time off but im waiting for the spawn from the banks im on but that might be another week or few off with this weather. at least you got one though. i just dont think i can get deep enough for them when its this cold. though i have gotten hogs close to the banks when its freezing and raining. just this year i havent got lucky so its hard to go out every cold *** day.
    Yeah there is more weather coming this week. I guess winter is finally here, the hogs are out there just gotta be in the right place at the right time. But you don’t know unless you get out there, it sucks when the weather isn’t going your way but that may be the day “Ol Lead Pencil” wants to play. Was out again today and same thing they were deep. If we could have a few days like it was today out there the bite might pick up again, but with all the weather in the forecast bite could be up and down.

Quote Originally Posted by phelanfisher View Post
    Saw you out there today said you got 1 when we first passed. Thought it was gonna be descent weather was beautiful, but they’re still cold. I was fishing deeeeeeep.
    Yeah my friend got his at 5 colors down I got hit at 4 colors down. We left much just before 2 pm the wind did not let up.

Late winter. Fish started thinking it was headed towards springtime, day before weather got cold fishing died. First decent warm up that lasts a few days and fishing should pick up, then next trough fishing will slow way down, welcome to late winter fishing at Silverwood.

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Late winter. Fish started thinking it was headed towards springtime, day before weather got cold fishing died. First decent warm up that lasts a few days and fishing should pick up, then next trough fishing will slow way down, welcome to late winter fishing at Silverwood.
    Yeah it came pretty late this year, was lucky. Usually it’s like this in november, all the warm weather kept things moving. Like you said though if next week is nice they will be out maybe not up hi but they’ll want to bite again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast