Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New structure!

Well there may not be any Christmas trees, but there's a bunch of old orange trees anchored in the lake in several spots. At one point, the whole launching ramp was covered with trees that were removed from an old orange grove to make room for a new track of homes. The trick is to find where they placed them. I know one area, but if I tell you, I'll have to kill you.. jk

Cool video!!! I had know idea the area behind the lake was so expansive. Yellow grass just goes on for miles!!!

Very nice perspective,thanks!

Cya Tuna Vic

Perris full again...........it is almost like reuniting with an old friend you have seen in much to long. A whole new expanse behind the island to fish and enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerRod View Post
    Perris full again...........it is almost like reuniting with an old friend you have seen in much to long. A whole new expanse behind the island to fish and enjoy.
    Ahhhhh... I'm reminiscing too. We used to kill em back behind the island when you could barely get back there.
    The new cover looks great, not to mention a complete new tree line that's filled in.

HuskerRod... It seems like most of that big expanse is pretty shallow water. I wonder if they bulldozed any deep areas? If the water comes up enough those big areas of shallow water can be great topwater bait places! I remember "back in the day" at Perris fishing very shallow stickups and brush and also Lake Henshaw using big floating Rapalas and Rebels in the big shallow areas, some only 2 feet deep, and doing very well on the bass. Maybe it will happen again. Now if only they would plant Alabama Spotted Bass again! My buddy caught a purebred 100% Spotted Bass in shallow water just last week there at LP! (And he knows his fish) So there's just a few left in the lake.

fishmounter, you gotta get a pic of that spot- that would be epic if they're still in there. It would be really hard for one to be 100% spot after all this time unless somebody bucketed in a couple from Naci or something. I'd think a smallie from the water coming in would be more likely, anybody ever seen a smallmouth at Perris? The stripers get in there right?
    Last edited by bassnet; 03-17-2018 at 09:11 PM.

old puddle fisher said.. "Too much tinsel on them this year and a few were old vintage aluminum ones that were tossed out with them, not good for the fish rock piles are better. You got your answer."

Did you mean aluminum trees or tinsel? The aluminum tinsel is not a major problem, it's the old Christmas tree tinsel strips that were made out of shiny thin lead! We used to roll them up into balls and throw them at each other! Ted I think you are old enough to remember lead Christmas tree tinsel.. right? Lead tinsel has not been used since the mid 1960s!

bassinet.. It was a Spotted Bass for sure. We have caught hybrid Largemouth/ Spotted bass a few times but this was his first full SB he has caught in a long time! Who knows, maybe with all this new work on the lake, the Calif. DFW decided to put some more in.. Wouldn't that be cool?

Just kidin about the aluminum trees Jeff and I sure do remember the real lead tinsel that was used years ago, made lots of heavy toxic lead balls from those curb side trees

Hey Ted.. Periodically check your PMs here on this site. I might invite you to go fishing, although I've got a torn rotator cuff in my right shoulder. I can still kind of cast. Ha ha! Going back to see the doc Tuesday to see if I need surgery. Have you taken anymore photos? I'd like to see your work sometime. Hey did you get any of me and my son there at Fairmount that one day?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast