Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Youth Fishing Opportunities in Ventura County Area?

Default Youth Fishing Opportunities in Ventura County Area?

My 12 year old son has taken a great interest in freshwater fishing lately. I have fished pretty much my whole life, so I teach him all the techniques I can and take him and his friends out as much as possible. He is a fast learner and already can rig himself up.
    I really want to provide him with the kind of fishing opportunities that turn a childhood interest into a lifelong hobby. But since there is not a lot of fishable water in Ventura County, good fishing opportunities are scarce. I have gotten creative and found some lesser known fishing locations, but they are small and cannot be fished too much. The real action is in the lakes, as you know, but you really need a boat to fish local lakes.
    I was wondering if there was anyone here with a boat that would be looking for some good fishing company on local lakes like Casitas, Castaic, Sherwood, Westlake, Cachuma or Pyramid. We could help with costs and bring food and drinks.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by toilinthedark View Post
    My 12 year old son has taken a great interest in freshwater fishing lately. I have fished pretty much my whole life, so I teach him all the techniques I can and take him and his friends out as much as possible. He is a fast learner and already can rig himself up.
    I really want to provide him with the kind of fishing opportunities that turn a childhood interest into a lifelong hobby. But since there is not a lot of fishable water in Ventura County, good fishing opportunities are scarce. I have gotten creative and found some lesser known fishing locations, but they are small and cannot be fished too much. The real action is in the lakes, as you know, but you really need a boat to fish local lakes.
    I was wondering if there was anyone here with a boat that would be looking for some good fishing company on local lakes like Casitas, Castaic, Sherwood, Westlake, Cachuma or Pyramid. We could help with costs and bring food and drinks.
    Thanks!
    Hello this is Tom. If you would like to PM me I will share some locales and opportunities with you. I have a boat to access some local lakes and waters in and around Ventura County

Hi Tom!
    Thanks for the reply
    I tried PMing you, but the message is not showing up in my Sent Messages. Did you get it?
    Mike

Hi again, Tom!
    I am having trouble with the PM system. I sent you a couple of PM's yesterday, but again they are not showing up in my Sent messages, so I don't know if they actually sent or not. Please let me know if you go them. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by toilinthedark View Post
    Hi again, Tom!
    I am having trouble with the PM system. I sent you a couple of PM's yesterday, but again they are not showing up in my Sent messages, so I don't know if they actually sent or not. Please let me know if you go them. Thanks!
    Hey, I got your messages and replied to them. Try sending your # to me via the PM and I will give you a call or a text.

I am receiving your messages but it is also showing mine aren't being sent to you. Try sending your phone # so we can connect.- Tom