Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Sarl 2-18

Default Sarl 2-18

Woke up late for my first fishing trip with my two boys and wife.

Arrived at the lake at 630am late to meet up with my friend and his daughter after only sleeping 3 hours. My friend had already set up their gear at the second spot passed the bubble hole. I wasn't thrilled about the spot but then again I arrived a little late. The idea was to get my boys going with their push botton reels while I set up the spinning reels. My older boy somehow destroyed his within 20 minutes and my little boy birdnested his in 30 minutes which I'm glad happened. First I taught my older how to cast a spinning reel. I then taught my little boy and to my amazement they both caught on quick.

It was slow my friend and his daughter caught the first fish doing bait-n-wait at about 830ish. He used orange worm with orange powerbait dipped in garlic and casted out about 25 feet. My kids got bored and wanted to leave 10am so I figured I'd act like I knew what I was doing and show them some casting with a lure technique and 3 casts later bam fish on I handed my little boy the rod and let him land it. The lure was white with grey, roostertail I think. At noonish my friend caught their second fish using bait-n-wait again with orange and white mousebait dipped in garlic. The winds kicked up so we left about 130pm. Overall a good experience for my boys they were happy. My wife was happy because I was able to get the boys off the video games. I didn't get to fish much but I'd do it all over again.

I want to thank everyone who contributed information on my other thread that gave me that little extra boost of confidence to go and have a productfull day at the lake.

Those memories will last forever. When my kids were younger I just planned on tying and untangling all day long. Thanks for reporting.