so ya the past few times ive actually had hits on the drop shot bait and wait nightcrawler as im drop shotting plastic worms with other pole. each time its just small hits that get a little harder then nothing. each time bait is tore off hook some but still there. i think the carp are one of the smartest fish in lake. to me they are feeling the hook line and weight and getting spooked. though almost getting snagged also. im using circle hooks and small to medium lightwire ones so its crazy how they arent getting hooked really. at first i thought maybe it was a big bass doing his barely nibble part of the bait to see if its worth eating then getting spooked from weight or line. but im using really light line like 4lb today. but ya i think its carp wasnt super shallow with it but not super deep either so real worm dont go flying off on cast. crazy though i saw a few fish coming up close i thought it was stripers for a few till they got closer and then i could tell it was carp. he actually had a few other big ones with him too. but they werent as brave as this one. water is also rising. here is vid. made a balance sculpture after i got bored of not catching for a bit.