Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Castiac, Pyramid, or Piru?

Default Castiac, Pyramid, or Piru?

Hi all,

I recently picked up a small 14' aluminum boat and can't wait to get out on the water.

I am slowly transitioning to fish from a boat for bass, crappie, etc..., so I need some advice on fishing spots, lures to use, basically anything.

Pretty much any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by okgene View Post
    Hi all,

I recently picked up a small 14' aluminum boat and can't wait to get out on the water.

I am slowly transitioning to fish from a boat for bass, crappie, etc..., so I need some advice on fishing spots, lures to use, basically anything.

Pretty much any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
    I just pick up one late last year too. I've taken mins into saltwater and only twice in freshwater. Piru lake used to have big crappie not sure now. Castiac lake has good striper bass boils late in the summer.

Check out some of my posts under the castaic page here on this site. From what I remember, Piru does not get as windy as castaic and pyramid. If you don't have a trolling motor, sometimes it's impossible to stay on a good spot at castaic. Congrats on your boat. Hope to see you out there.

Quote Originally Posted by FISHN FX View Post
    Check out some of my posts under the castaic page here on this site. From what I remember, Piru does not get as windy as castaic and pyramid. If you don't have a trolling motor, sometimes it's impossible to stay on a good spot at castaic. Congrats on your boat. Hope to see you out there.
    Will do.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by okgene View Post
    Will do.

Thank you!
    Pyramid lately has been kicking out some stripers before the 40mph winds last weekend

so ya idk i really just go to castaic on my mini bike its closest to me and i can get there easy on sidestreets. castaic is where all the monsters have come out of in the past and basically is high percentage to produce another monster. its like a job to fish there from the banks. but im seeing big bass being caught back east already. in pre spawn or spawn mode. i have been seeing people doing good at castaic on boats on the other side of lake then i can get to fishing from the banks. its been windy all the time it blows to the banks you can fish from basically. water feels cold to me. but i see the vids guys yanking out good size fish on points and in the shallows on the other side of lake right now. maybe fish area already in pre spawn spawn mode if the other side of lake is holding warmer water then where im fishing. castaic to me is a pain in the *** its a lake that moves up and down a lot so the fishing can be really good then they dump water and the fishing is dead... they will even dump water after the fish move up to beds and start spawning and screw the spawns...not sure if the other two lakes do the same or not.
    Last edited by jdogg661420; 02-16-2018 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jdogg661420 View Post
    so ya idk i really just go to castaic on my mini bike its closest to me and i can get there easy on sidestreets. castaic is where all the monsters have come out of in the past and basically is high percentage to produce another monster. its like a job to fish there from the banks. but im seeing big bass being caught back east already. in pre spawn or spawn mode. i have been seeing people doing good at castaic on boats on the other side of lake then i can get to fishing from the banks. its been windy all the time it blows to the banks you can fish from basically. water feels cold to me. but i see the vids guys yanking out good size fish on points and in the shallows on the other side of lake right now. maybe fish area already in pre spawn spawn mode if the other side of lake is holding warmer water then where im fishing. castaic to me is a pain in the *** its a lake that moves up and down a lot so the fishing can be really good then they dump water and the fishing is dead... they will even dump water after the fish move up to beds and start spawning and screw the spawns...not sure if the other two lakes do the same or not.
    The goon is where the big bass live. Years ago ppl used to take the bass down to get weight before they put a scale at the lake and instead of driving them all the way up the put them in the goon

the goon has the bloodlines of those huge bass yes but remember all of them were caught at the upper. and ya like 10 years ago a 19 or so came from the lagoon but that was when they still had trout plants and yes i have seen a couple dds i the lagoon but i guarantee you the upper has the next record sitting in it.
    Last edited by jdogg661420; 02-17-2018 at 10:41 AM.