Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing  The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Salamander Sinkers  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Redneck Outboard - Anybody tried it?

Default Redneck Outboard - Anybody tried it?

I've seen a few you tube videos of this and I think it could work pretty well and the weight to torque ratio would be decent compared to a small outboard. A weedwacker could double as a small outboard for a dinghy couldn't it? It seems it wouldn't be hard to retrofit that bottom unit with a prop and away we go. I'm sure being in California you'd have a game warden or the lake police on your *** quicker than you can blink but other states and some parts of northern california this could be aviable solution.

I like it!
    I'll raise you one and go with a chainsaw. My brothers used to put 12HP chainsaws on minibikes with the tiny wheels and the original 5 HP Briggs and Stratton in the 60's. They would ultimately crash at about 50-60 miles per hour and end up in the hospital again. I could see adapting it for a tiny boat.
    See, where not all that different.
    I grew up in Texas...lol

One time I got on my bike with a back pack leaf blower, It powered me pretty well. Kinda like a small jet engine Ha Ha .

How the hell did that happen, you can take the boy out of Texas but you can't take the Texas out of the boy! Yes I have seen that done as well but wasn't mechanically inclined enough to adapt it to the bike. Brent what you're telling me is not possible you do not go from a red blooded Texan to a blue blooded liberal no matter how long you're in California.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    I like it!
    I'll raise you one and go with a chainsaw. My brothers used to put 12HP chainsaws on minibikes with the tiny wheels and the original 5 HP Briggs and Stratton in the 60's. They would ultimately crash at about 50-60 miles per hour and end up in the hospital again. I could see adapting it for a tiny boat.
    See, where not all that different.
    I grew up in Texas...lol