Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Lake Perris Tuesday

Default Lake Perris Tuesday

After a long busy work week I was ready to shut it off and recharge. After some discussion with my fishing partner and adjusting schedules accordingly we decided to hit up Perris. We arrived at 6:30 to launch only to realize that he had motor issues. We weren’t heading back home so used the trolling motor to get us around. When we arrived it was 29 degrees and only a few other boats launching. Caught my PB coming in at 6.3lbs. Thought it was small as it did not crush my bait. Fish caught in about 15ft of water. Fished jumped a couple of times and friend says it’s a nice fish. He definitely has better sight then me. Fish started to come up easily until about 10 ft from the boat. Then I think it woke up as it took off like a freight train. First one was away from the boat and the second time it went under the boat. Finally got it in. That was my first and last fish of the day. No other bites. Left at 5pm. Buddy managed 4 fish 4lbs and the rest in 2lb class. All fish caught fishing slow in 8-15ft of water. Sorry didn’t log water temps I just know my hand felt frozen when I lipped the fish.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	32562081-0E35-46F9-80F0-D77FC36A9FF1.jpg 
Views:	264 
Size:	16.5 KB 
ID:	50811  

Nice fish. The old adage, catch a bunch of small fish or one big fish!? It was definitely a brutal fishing winter season at Perris this year. Hopefully it keeps getting better from here.

Quote Originally Posted by bass413 View Post
    Nice fish. The old adage, catch a bunch of small fish or one big fish!? It was definitely a brutal fishing winter season at Perris this year. Hopefully it keeps getting better from here.
    Fishing here is all new to me. Care to elaborate your thoughts why this year is different? I noticed there was only a few boats in the water. Is this because of winter? I know there in there! That fish came about 7ish in the morning. I didn’t get a bite the rest of the day. My buddies came between 10amd 3ish. Last two hours nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by mstr fish View Post
    Care to elaborate your thoughts why this year is different
    I really have no clue. I’m definitely no expert. I’ve always had really good success at Perris during the spring, summer, and fall. Much more difficult in the winter, but was always able to scratch a few fish here and there on every trip. Not this year though. Very, very difficult through the winter this year.

Anyone else have some guesses on why it was more difficult this year ...