Got to the lake around 11 and had to get some cut bait in case nothing we were doing wasn’t working. Met a guy who gave us some fresh bait. Every time I see him we always hook each other up. I even remember tieing his boat up next to mine a couple years ago when he couldn’t anchor up. Anyways. After a good afternoon visit on my throne at the lake we headed out to the east end where we marked a lot of fishes. ALOT. Weren’t sure what it was but for sure it wasn’t largemouth. Lol. My son and I were committing to stripping flies and learning this style of fishing because before we didn’t have much confidence.
Went a couple times through the school for nada. Threw some bait, nada. So we went out to the dam area and we marked some fishes around 64 feet of water and we dropped some bait (rock bottom) and immediately got slammed as soon as it hit bottom. You can see the bait going down and the fish markings coming up. So we ended up with two. Sat for another 20 minutes and decided to go look for them again.
We trolled along the whole south end for nothing. Went into ramp 2 and metered only a few, and got one hard hit and hooked up, another striper; 1 the bag. Went towards the east end again and the schools of fish were still there, so we kept fishing the east end and kept on getting hit, but only bagged another 4. Then the wind chill got colder and I just decided to call it quits.
All in all we are starting to learn this fishing technique and it takes a lot of patience. But when you do hook up, the sound of the “snap” the line makes was intense. Lol. I imagine if we hooked up on the bigger stripes........... Lol. This is my report and hopefully you guys can get out there and get your lines tight. Good luck everyone and please subscribe to my son’s YouTube fishing channel “Andrew Yang Fishing”. The video of yesterday’s outing should be coming soon. Thank you for taking your time in reading this and God Bless.