Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: The OFFICIAL 2018 LA Dodgers Thread - Sponsored by The Mueller Investigation Co.

Is it getting crowded on the ledge yet? ������

Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    Is it getting crowded on the ledge yet? ������
    Plenty a space left, especially for our little brothers, AKA, Angel fans.

Aka, our JV team.

Aka, "The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim But We Can't Affiliate Ourselves With Anaheim So We're Affiliating Ourselves With the City That Actually Has Championships AKA, The Angels."

Did I miss something?

What a game last night! I'll admit, I'm not the big Dodger fan some of you people are but I'm an old school baseball fan. I remember seeing Nolan Ryan pitch for the California Angels. Or that great Dodger infield of Garvey, Lopes, Russell and Cey and Fernando mania!

So in watching the Dodger last two series, I have no idea where this new management style came from! Even the announcers in the Milwaukee series (old school players) had a hard time grasping the management style being employed!

So I'm old school in my thinking!

The Dodgers were down 2 games to 0 in a 7 game series. If they lose on Friday night their done! (no team has every come back being down 3 games in the World Series)

So here is my point.

Boston goes ahead in the top of the 13 inning by 1 run. The way both teams are not scoring, scoring 1 run an innings is all you should expect on an night like Friday. The Dodgers get an runner in scoring position with 2 outs and first base open. They are down by 1 run and if Boston can get the next out without letting the Dodgers score. They not only win the game but the series too! (no one comes back from 3 games down)

Here comes an management decision! Should Boston pitch to Puig with first base open? The following batter is their 2nd string catcher. This guy for the season isn't batting his weight. (he's hitting 205 for the season) Puig is a dangerous hitter with speed and the catcher shouldn't even be on a National league team with that kind of batting average. (with the pitchers having to hit)

So I'm thinking if I was the Boston manager, you walk Puig and take your chances with a 205 hitter. (that's old school thinking) We all know what happens, Puig smashes it hard on the ground and the 2nd basemen bungles the throw and allows the tying run to score with 2 outs.
    The Punch and Judy catcher bats next and hits an easy fly ball to right field for the 3rd out!

If some how the Dodgers win the World Series this year. This one play I described was the difference! I'm old school too on firing the Manager at the end of the season. If that 1 decision cost your team a World Series title!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 10-27-2018 at 03:51 PM.

Another great game for the Dodgers up to the 7th inning. I have since changed my opinion on the Boston Manager. (I think he learned something from the previous game)

With that being said, what do you people think about the job the Dodger manager is doing in this series?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Plenty a space left, especially for our little brothers, AKA, Angel fans.

Aka, our JV team.

Aka, "The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim But We Can't Affiliate Ourselves With Anaheim So We're Affiliating Ourselves With the City That Actually Has Championships AKA, The Angels."

Did I miss something?

My condolences
    I couldn’t have scripted that a**hole Machados disappearance any better
    Last edited by Brent; 10-28-2018 at 09:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    I couldn’t have scripted that a**hole Machados disappearance any better
    Talk about doing the wrong things, saying the wrong things, and playing like absolute horse crap.

But I'm sure there will be some moron GM that'll give the guy 28 million per for 7 years.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Talk about doing the wrong things, saying the wrong things, and playing like absolute horse crap.

But I'm sure there will be some moron GM that'll give the guy 28 million per for 7 years.
    Absolutely true

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456