Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The OFFICIAL 2018 LA Dodgers Thread - Sponsored by The Mueller Investigation Co.

Default The OFFICIAL 2018 LA Dodgers Thread - Sponsored by The Mueller Investigation Co.

You know the drill, if you're going to talk about your own team, start another thread, which again will be unlikely, unless you're a Cubs or Astros fan, and then you'll just get called out for bandwagon'ing.

The Blue were one game away from burning down the city, I think we will be deep in the playoffs again this year, regardless of the NL West becoming suddenly decent from the past year, except for the vaGiants who managed to mathematically eliminate themselves from playoff contention 2 games after the All Star game, after their ace decided to hurt his shoulder dirt biking. (A la, Jeff Kent.)

We won't be seeing a couple of faces in the dugout, thank god, and a lot of new faces, including personnel from our farm system who hope to make the cut and break into the major league roster; I'm looking at you, Walker Buehler. The saberdorks in the front office retained a lot of random personnel from various clubs and I'm curious who will stand out during Spring Training.

Will Bellinger have a sophomore slump? Will Pederson continue his steady hitting that encapsulated his Post Season? Will Kershaw's back go out again? Will Justin Turner ever shave his beard? Will Puig impregnate another debutante? Will Urias ever see the mound again? Will Kike ever go back to his natural hair color? Will Andrew Toles go back to stocking frozen foods?

Prognostications:

NATL WEST W L

Los Angeles Dodgers 95 - 67
    Colorado Rockies 89 - 73
    Arizona Diamondbacks 88 - 74
    San Francisco vaGiants 80 - 82
    San Diego Padres 69- 93

Dodger Stats
    • 2018 Schedule (Execution Dates)
    • 2018 TV Broadcast Schedule (Who Even Has Time Warner)
    • 2018 Active Roster (We Have Matt Kemp Again?!)
    • 2018 Depth Chart (24 Outfielders, 1 Catcher)
    • 2018 Transactions (We Traded Gonzalez? Oh Noes!)
    • 2018 Batting Statistics (Offensive Stats? You Mean Bellinger's Stats)
    • 2018 Pitching Statistics (Pitching Stats? You Mean Kershaw's Stats)
    • 2018 Salary (We're Still Paying Scott Kazmir HOW Much?!)
    • 2018 Injuries (Who is it this week?)

Dodger News
    • LA Times
    • Yahoo Sports
    • ESPN
    • ESPN LA
    • Sports Illustrated
    • Fox Sports
    • Time Warner SportsNet LA
    • MLB Trade Rumors
    • Bleacher Report

Dodger Blogs
    • Dodger Digest
    • Vin Scully Is My Homeboy
    • True Blue LA
    • Dodgers Blue Heaven
    • Dodger Therapy

Twitter Accounts (So you can yell at them personally, #superfan)

Well, I know who WON'T be invited to camp......

Former MLB pitcher Esteban Loaiza arrested with 44 pounds of heroin and cocaine
    By Craig Calcaterra
    Feb 12, 2018, 10:06 AM EST

Esteban Loaiza pitched for 14 years in the major leagues. He’s now facing way more time than that in the California Penal League.

Multiple news outlets are reporting that Loaiza was arrested in San Diego County on Friday for transporting roughly 44 pounds of heroin and cocaine. His arrest report is reproduced below, courtesy of Jeff Passan of Yahoo.

Loaiza is due to be arraigned on Wednesday. Bail has been set at $200,000. At least one news outlet — Univision — questions whether the former big leaguer can make that bail. Loaiza, Univision notes, was one married to the late singer Jenni Rivera, but she filed for divorce from him in the months before her death in a plane crash, in part due to allegations of financial impropriety on his part. Whatever the case, Loaiza is in deep trouble.

Loaiza pitched for eight different teams in his career, spending four years with the Pirates and three years each with the White Sox, Rangers and Blue Jays. He spent two years in L.A. and Oakland — where he got a DUI in 20o6 — and a year each with the Yankees and Nationals. His best season came in 2003 when he went 21-9 with a 2.90 ERA for the White Sox, finishing second in the Cy Young balloting. For his career he was 126-114 with a 4.65 ERA in 377 games, starting 333 of them.

http://mlb.nbcsports.com/2018/02/12/...n-and-cocaine/

What if Yu Darvish shuts out LA in the NLCS or NLDS?

MM

Quote Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
    What if Yu Darvish shuts out LA in the NLCS or NLDS?

MM
    Doubtful, as long as we have those same slick balls from last year, which meant nobody could throw a slider, regardless of what your name was.

That, or if Darvish continues to tip his pitches, which I believe was one of the best Urban Legends from last year, ranked right up near "La Llorona" and "if you find encounter someone driving the same direction at night with their head lights off, not to flash them because it's a gang initiation and you'll get shot."

The "tipping pitches" deal was Dodger fans "Shock and Denial" phase of dealing with death. And I can't believe so many embraced it, instead of moving on to Stage 2, "Pain and Guilt."

still smarting from that last game... but, cautiously enthusiastic. Got our block of tickets already.

Quote Originally Posted by City Dad View Post
    still smarting from that last game...
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...o-beat-dodgers

Yu, you already beat the Dodgers.

Twice.

In the World Series.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/dodger...228-story.html

"Dodgers deal with an outbreak of flulike illness: 'I haven't seen anything like this.'"

So, I guess we have THAT going for us now.

Next thing you know, Puig will fart on someone's pillow and then start the pink eye outbreak.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    http://www.latimes.com/sports/dodger...228-story.html

"Dodgers deal with an outbreak of flulike illness: 'I haven't seen anything like this.'"

So, I guess we have THAT going for us now.

Next thing you know, Puig will fart on someone's pillow and then start the pink eye outbreak.
    Almost as bad as a dormitory coming down with mononucleosis......

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Quagga View Post
    Almost as bad as a dormitory coming down with mononucleosis......

Matt Kemp?

Are you liking his hitting, or his baby fro?

What say ye?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast