Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Ballooning baits!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Ballooning baits!

How To Ballon Baited Lines From Shore!

On this day the weather report called for high North winds, which rarely occurs. So i got up at 5am (brrrr) and went to Chocolate Beach. This is my preferred testing area to demonstrate fishing techniques. My friend Junior who works at that area told me the fishing has been bad there for weeks but i just needed to demonstrate how i ballon my baits from shore.

For this i used a 13'3" Daiwa Ballistic Rod with a Shimano Ultegra 10K spinner loaded with 380yd of 50lb Jerry Brown braid. The main reason to balloon out a rig is to get distance from shore to increase your chances of catching fish. Now if you want to drop a bait instead of having it on the surface you can do it 1 of 2 ways-
    1) Use a hard sucking candy with a hole in it (like Life Savers), or drill a hole in a cough drop. Then tie a thread through that hole connecting the balloon to your bait rig. Depending on the candy used (Life Savers will be +-15min) it'll dissolve & drop your bait.
    2) Take a couple squares of toilet tissue & repeat. Roll the sheet into a tube & roll it around to connect the balloon to the bait rig. This time repeated jerks of the rod will cause the bait to break away from the balloon.

Be sure not to use more then 3/4 of your spooled line when ballooning. I usually stop when i loose sight of the balloon. My Ultegra 10K has a line retrieval rate of 40.5in per crank. So i counted 236 cranks bringing in my line. That'd 9,558in. That amounts to 797.5ft or 265.5yd. My reel is spooled with 360yd of 50lb Jerry Brown braid.

The larger the balloon is after inflating means it''ll catch the wind easier & travel faster across the surface. In the past i've caught huge Hammerhead & Tiger Sharks using this method. Just got to make sure to keep your back to the wind direction. Also this day i made my most unusual hook-up on my 2nd rig that i used to shore cast with. Snagged a useable 12ft Surf Rod with a large casting reel on it. Still soaking the reel but the rod cleaned-up good!

Don't need a $1,000 air pressured bait launcher, just a $1 pack of balloons to get your baits out. God Bless & stay safe:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vsbrq_wvPtA
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2-Pic.jpg 
Views:	303 
Size:	98.4 KB 
ID:	50731  

SPAM ALERT!!!

So, are your multi-site spamming efforts a form of proxy-advertising? Or are you hoping these companies will recognize your excellent shilling skills and offer you lucrative agreements?

IDIOT ALERT!

The above video is NOT SPAM IN ANY WAY and only an idiot would say it is!

The guy has posted a legitimate "how to" fishing video in a fishing forum and makes no product pitches or endorsements in any way? How is that spam?

FYI, it's people like Scuba Chris, who post actual fishing content, that make this forum something of value. From what I've seen, all you do is mouth off. Have you ever posted original content? Have you ever posted a "how to" video? Ever done a thoughtful review of a product you use and recommend? Ever tired to help someone catch fish? I can't be bothered to look up all your posts, but I did look at a few and I can't see that you've ever done anything except comment on other people's posts.

This guy has over 4,000 people who like his videos and subscribe to them. How many people subscribe to you?

Scuba Chris - helping fishermen Lady Gaga - not

Thanks, Scuba Chris, good video!

Quote Originally Posted by Ornery Bob View Post
    IDIOT ALERT!

The above video is NOT SPAM IN ANY WAY and only an idiot would say it is!

The guy has posted a legitimate "how to" fishing video in a fishing forum and makes no product pitches or endorsements in any way? How is that spam?

FYI, it's people like Scuba Chris, who post actual fishing content, that make this forum something of value. From what I've seen, all you do is mouth off. Have you ever posted original content? Have you ever posted a "how to" video? Ever done a thoughtful review of a product you use and recommend? Ever tired to help someone catch fish? I can't be bothered to look up all your posts, but I did look at a few and I can't see that you've ever done anything except comment on other people's posts.

This guy has over 4,000 people who like his videos and subscribe to them. How many people subscribe to you?

Scuba Chris - helping fishermen Lady Gaga - not

Thanks, Scuba Chris, good video!
    She hasn’t post a fishing report in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornery Bob View Post
    It's spam, posted to multiple websites. This is not an opinion - it's a fact, and a fact that has been acknowledged by others on this board.

Guising spam as "how to" information doesn't stop it from being spam, especially considering Scuba Steve's track record of pitching products in other "how to" posts.

So, now that we've covered your nonsense, a question for Scuba Chris:

SPAM ALERT!!!

So, are your multi-site spamming efforts a form of proxy-advertising? Or are you hoping these companies will recognize your excellent shilling skills and offer you lucrative agreements?

[QUOTE=Lady Quagga;793996]It's spam, posted to multiple websites. This is not an opinion - it's a fact, and a fact that has been acknowledged by others on this board.

Guising spam as "how to" information doesn't stop it from being spam, especially considering Scuba Steve's track record of pitching products in other "how to" posts.

So, now that we've covered your nonsense, a question for Scuba Chris:

SPAM ALERT!!!

[/QUOTE. You are on it. Just like a fat kid eating ice cream. Good job there. You caught this guy.

Now go eat your ice cream and take a bath for a job well done.