Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: DVL Saturday 2/10/18

Default DVL Saturday 2/10/18

I fished a Perris Valley Bass Anglers club tournament at DVL yesterday, (2/10/18). It was foggy and windy when we first launched. Water Temp was 57.3 when we launched. Went to the "trees" and first it for about an hour for nada. I fished the D/S, TX rig, flylined a 5" Senko weightless and no love. Moved over to the mouth of Rawson and found nothing. My partner and I were fishing 15' to 30' depth and could not get a bite. I check the water temp around 10 o'clock and it has warmed up to 61.3 degrees. We then moved down to the big cove on the southside of the lake. First off we couldn't get a bite, I went back to the weightless green pumpkin/blk flake Senko, which I love to fish. After casting out in about 20 foot of water, I was talking to a couple of friends in another boat that were fishing the tournament to see how they were doing. One of the guys had a keeper and had famed one earlier. After talking with them I wound up the slack in my line and was surprised to have a fish on, which I first thought was a hang up. It got bigger the closer it got to the boat. Turned out top be a 4-14 lmb, which first felt like a short. That was the only fish in the boat all day. It was tuff for us, but the sun finally came out and the wind would die down then pick up again, but not hard. At the weigh in only one guy weighed 5 fish which totaled 16 lbs something as I recall. One guy the the club had 3 fish with a kicker fish weighing 7- 4 as I recall. I asked him what he got it on and he said on the D/S with a 7" morning dawn. Another buddy in the club said he had caught all his fish on beds! I hadn't seen any bed fish and he said after the wind died down and the sun came out he could seen the beds. Stan at the launch ramp said "in a couple of weeks they should be up". Apparently they already are.

Had a fun day, but didn't knock em dead, at least not in our boat.

Oh, by the way, if anyone is interested in checking out Perris Valley Bass Anglers, shoot me a private message and I will give you the info. I've been a member since 04, joined to learn about bass fishing....and I am still learning. Just wish I hadn't forgotten half of what I had learned before!
    Last edited by BassinPLS; 02-11-2018 at 09:42 AM.

I was out there as well, my buddy got a Nice 6lber first thing on a AR after that nada as well. We picked up two more shorts before our motor would not start and had to troll back to the docks !!!

Quote Originally Posted by BassinPLS View Post
    I fished a Perris Valley Bass Anglers club tournament at DVL yesterday, (2/10/18). It was foggy and windy when we first launched. Water Temp was 57.3 when we launched. Went to the "trees" and first it for about an hour for nada. I fished the D/S, TX rig, flylined a 5" Senko weightless and no love. Moved over to the mouth of Rawson and found nothing. My partner and I were fishing 15' to 30' depth and could not get a bite. I check the water temp around 10 o'clock and it has warmed up to 61.3 degrees. We then moved down to the big cove on the southside of the lake. First off we couldn't get a bite, I went back to the weightless green pumpkin/blk flake Senko, which I love to fish. After casting out in about 20 foot of water, I was talking to a couple of friends in another boat that were fishing the tournament to see how they were doing. One of the guys had a keeper and had famed one earlier. After talking with them I wound up the slack in my line and was surprised to have a fish on, which I first thought was a hang up. It got bigger the closer it got to the boat. Turned out top be a 4-14 lmb, which first felt like a short. That was the only fish in the boat all day. It was tuff for us, but the sun finally came out and the wind would die down then pick up again, but not hard. At the weigh in only one guy weighed 5 fish which totaled 16 lbs something as I recall. One guy the the club had 3 fish with a kicker fish weighing 7- 4 as I recall. I asked him what he got it on and he said on the D/S with a 7" morning dawn. Another buddy in the club said he had caught all his fish on beds! I hadn't seen any bed fish and he said after the wind died down and the sun came out he could seen the beds. Stan at the launch ramp said "in a couple of weeks they should be up". Apparently they already are.

Oh, by the way, if anyone is interested in checking out Perris Valley Bass Anglers, shoot me a private message and I will give you the info. I've been a member since 04, joined to learn about bass fishing....and I am still learning. Just wish I hadn't forgotten half of what I had learned before!
    My son and I were out there as well. It was definitely tough. I ended up with just one in the 3lb. range. We tried just about everything. Caught mine by the trees on a purple flake trick worm. We talked to John from your club, and he suggested we look at joining. PM me the info please.

MillsapBoyz,

I sent you a Private Message on Perris Valley Bass Anglers.

MillsapBoyz,

I sent you a Private Message on Perris Valley Bass Anglers.
    Thanks! I will check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by MillsapBoyz View Post
    Thanks! I will check it out.
    MillsapBoyz,

Did you get that Private Message? I may have messed up; but 'can't tell.

We went out Saturday and we fished from 6:30 am to 1:00 pm and we landed 9 and probabbly lost 3 or 4. best one was 9 1/2 lbs and the rest were about 5 lbs.[ATTACH=CONFIG]50892
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180310_123610[1].jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	97.7 KB 
ID:	50892   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180310_123754[1].jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	99.4 KB 
ID:	50893   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180310_123722[1].jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	50894  
    Last edited by clos_fish05; 03-12-2018 at 11:23 AM.