Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Santa Ana River lake

back to the topic, haven't fished there for a long time now but when I did before this is what I use.

2-4lb test, lightest weight you can use possible, cast no more that 15 ft out, and really short leader (3-7 inch) chartuese, garlic/char, rainbow/garlic, white/orange mousetail, white/pink mousetail where always the hot bait for me.

Good luck to you out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuoc Mam View Post
    That's the problem at that lake, patrols don't care and the anglers know that, so they keep breaking the rules. Catch and releasing was a big issue before but even then the patrols didn't care, they have their locals that fish the boat dock area. They would just catch and release trout in front of the staff workers. What kind of message does that send out to others. "No catch and release" on trout but staff just stands there and watches the group of guys catch and release. Another problem there is the "Snagging" fish. Most of the time when I fish there I witness the "locals" snagging the super trout because those fish just cruise very very close to the shore, so after they snag them and get the fish into the net, they quickly snap their lines trying to play it off that the fish snap their lines in the mouth when clearly you see their jigs on the side. One time I confronted one of the guys who did that and he said that the fish bit his jig and then the line snapped after netting it hahaha I told him, look, that's your jig on the side of the fish, he went to look and pulled the jig out of the fish and just turned around and walked away. Stupid things like this just annoys me so I haven't been back. Even with all this going on, people still fish it because their is fish to be caught. But I would rather fish elsewhere and avoid this kind of behavior.
    This behavior alone is why I refuse to pay to play...ill see ya @ 10k'

Looks like I'll be there this weekend. Thank you for all the advice and hopefully I'll have something to write about upon my return.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12