Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Contour Action Cameras For My Fishing Trips!

Default Contour Action Cameras For My Fishing Trips!

Contour Action Cameras For My Fishing Videos!

Since i started making fishing videos i've always used Contour Action Cameras. These light-weight easy to use units were highly recommended by fellow YouTube creator Joe Olivas of WWJ "Whipping With Joe" of Kauai. For years i've been asked if i use GoPros or other outdoor action camera brands and how i rig them to make my videos.

I'll show how i've adapted these units to be used day or night above & below the water. I use a combination of Contour's Roam 2 & 3 for my filming needs. Latter this year the new Contour 4 will be released. So Daniel T of Contour sent me a few new additional Roam 3 units to help me keep filming with additional switches to upgrade my older units.

To properly use these units for my fishing videos i do need the following accessories to help make this happen-
    Neutral Density Filter (day shooting)
    Contour Headband
    Extra micro sd cards (class 10 up to 32gb)
    Selfie stick (for C&R's)
    Headlamp(s) for night usage
    Filming tripod (if needed)

Contour's Roams are extremely light weight and very easy to use. A popular unit for skiers & bikers to hunters & explorers. To set the internals (ie Video, Audio, Lighting & Lights) you need to first download Contour's STORY TELLER Version 3.6.1 (Mac & PC) at-
    https://store.contour.com/pages/story...

There are many "How To's" on YouTube on operating & trouble shooting your Contour unit. There are many action cameras out there for the outdoorsman or woman. For me you can't beat the cost or ease of operation of Contour's Action Cameras. Now go & have fun!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuqH4RS89BQ
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Contours copy.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	99.6 KB 
ID:	51214