Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Lake Elsinore Bass

Default Lake Elsinore Bass

Snuck out this morning for a couple hours and fished my home lake, Elsinore. I've not caught a bass here before until this morning. I was actually trying for what I believed to be a school of crappie I saw on the electronics. I quickly tied on a float and maribu crappie jig and within a couple minutes landed this guy. Never did catch a crappie.

In the 15 years I've lived here I wasn't sure there was much more then catfish here as that is the only thing we have ever caught.

There is wipers in that lake too

Quote Originally Posted by Boudroux View Post
    Snuck out this morning for a couple hours and fished my home lake, Elsinore. I've not caught a bass here before until this morning. I was actually trying for what I believed to be a school of crappie I saw on the electronics. I quickly tied on a float and maribu crappie jig and within a couple minutes landed this guy. Never did catch a crappie.

In the 15 years I've lived here I wasn't sure there was much more then catfish here as that is the only thing we have ever caught.

They keep stocking warm water fish several times a year to improve the fishery. That guy might be a result of the city's efforts to improve the fishing.

There are Lake Elsinore bass fishing clubs I believe as well.

We used to catch some “really” big crappie there!

Cya Tuna Vic

Quote Originally Posted by TUNAVIC View Post
    We used to catch some “really” big crappie there!

Cya Tuna Vic
    Besides some of them being really good size, "I remember catching some of the Blackist Black Crappies I ever caught." They were so beautiful, "I C&R every one of them!!"

Quote Originally Posted by bowler View Post
    There is wipers in that lake too
    I use to see wipers caught all the time, haven't seen any caught in the last couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by sodapop View Post
    I use to see wipers caught all the time, haven't seen any caught in the last couple of years.
    Same here. I’ve seen some ppl take baskets full of the small wipers.

Quote Originally Posted by sodapop View Post
    For what I understand they are no longer being stocked. What's interesting about wipers, they are usually stocked to control over populations of bait fish. Their mouths are in such a way they won't prey as much on more desirable fish. (such as stocked trout) They are a hybrid so they are not suppose to reproduce. (yes I know about Irvine Lake) So if they stop stocking them, that fishery will die.