Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing  The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Salamander Sinkers  Pete Marino Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Lake Elsinore Bass

  1. #1

    Default Lake Elsinore Bass

    Snuck out this morning for a couple hours and fished my home lake, Elsinore. I've not caught a bass here before until this morning. I was actually trying for what I believed to be a school of crappie I saw on the electronics. I quickly tied on a float and maribu crappie jig and within a couple minutes landed this guy. Never did catch a crappie.

    In the 15 years I've lived here I wasn't sure there was much more then catfish here as that is the only thing we have ever caught.


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    SGV
    Posts
    1,127

    Default

    There is wipers in that lake too

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boudroux View Post
    Snuck out this morning for a couple hours and fished my home lake, Elsinore. I've not caught a bass here before until this morning. I was actually trying for what I believed to be a school of crappie I saw on the electronics. I quickly tied on a float and maribu crappie jig and within a couple minutes landed this guy. Never did catch a crappie.

    In the 15 years I've lived here I wasn't sure there was much more then catfish here as that is the only thing we have ever caught.

    They keep stocking warm water fish several times a year to improve the fishery. That guy might be a result of the city's efforts to improve the fishing.

  4. #4

    Default

    There are Lake Elsinore bass fishing clubs I believe as well.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Whittier
    Posts
    2,162

    Default

    We used to catch some “really” big crappie there!

    Cya Tuna Vic

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TUNAVIC View Post
    We used to catch some “really” big crappie there!

    Cya Tuna Vic
    Besides some of them being really good size, "I remember catching some of the Blackist Black Crappies I ever caught." They were so beautiful, "I C&R every one of them!!"

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Menifee
    Posts
    148

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bowler View Post
    There is wipers in that lake too
    I use to see wipers caught all the time, haven't seen any caught in the last couple of years.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    SGV
    Posts
    1,127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sodapop View Post
    I use to see wipers caught all the time, haven't seen any caught in the last couple of years.
    Same here. Iíve seen some ppl take baskets full of the small wipers.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sodapop View Post
    I use to see wipers caught all the time, haven't seen any caught in the last couple of years.
    For what I understand they are no longer being stocked. What's interesting about wipers, they are usually stocked to control over populations of bait fish. Their mouths are in such a way they won't prey as much on more desirable fish. (such as stocked trout) They are a hybrid so they are not suppose to reproduce. (yes I know about Irvine Lake) So if they stop stocking them, that fishery will die.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •