Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Personal Best Northern Pike

Default Personal Best Northern Pike

received_542056535208 by Brandon Koperski, on Flickr

I'm not sure if I posted pics from my couple weeks in Alberta back in January so I'll post them when I get the videos up.

Catching big northern pike takes a little luck and a little skill. On this particular evening I borrowed a bit of skill from a fellow fishing buddy, as he put us on a great spot for a last light attempt at a giant pike. Slept in after a late night and hit the water as the sun was dropping. Put three tip ups in and started jigging. We went 3 for 3 on the tipup and my brother caught a nice walleye. Last fish turned out to be my new personal best northern pike a 42.5 inch fatty. Released her for another day. Got to love big Ike fishing! If you want to get after big pike you'd be best of targeting on full moons. Seems we have our best luck on big pike as darkness falls and the full moon sits above. Give it a try and tell me what you think.
    Last edited by Calicanuck; 02-07-2018 at 05:14 PM. Reason: link error

Wow.. Its nice. Dream to catch one like that.

Congratulations on your PB, what a cool video too...I appreciate your passion and dedication to the sport. Wishing you many more PBs in 2018 Calicanuck.

TD

Great fish!!! The biggest Pike I ever caught was back in 1974 in Lancaster NY. The ice had just came off most of the lake I was fishing still colder than hell. I was using Golden Shiner's about 5 inches long on a english hook set up under a huge Pike size bobber. Folks out here in CA will wonder what this set up looks like. The fish that was hungry that May 1 morning was a 38 in 13.50 lb mama !!! I still have a few poloraids of it somewhere that my folks took those so many years ago.

That's My Tale

YFP Jon

Quote Originally Posted by Yogis fishing partner View Post
    Great fish!!! The biggest Pike I ever caught was back in 1974 in Lancaster NY. The ice had just came off most of the lake I was fishing still colder than hell. I was using Golden Shiner's about 5 inches long on a english hook set up under a huge Pike size bobber. Folks out here in CA will wonder what this set up looks like. The fish that was hungry that May 1 morning was a 38 in 13.50 lb mama !!! I still have a few poloraids of it somewhere that my folks took those so many years ago.

That's My Tale

YFP Jon

Always fun catching big fish! Big pike are great to go after.