Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saturday & Sunday at the Wood Trolling & drifting baits

Default Saturday & Sunday at the Wood Trolling & drifting baits

Whats up everybody, went out Saturday and Sunday & was happy with the results. Trolled Miller & Cleghorn both days, Saturday it was just me and Joe Joe. Sunday we went out with my cousin and his homeboy. Trolled on Saturday & did pretty good, Stripers & a Largie. Had 2 DOUBLES was super stoked on that had allot of fun with Joe Joe. On Sunday it was the same thing & wound up another double. We didn't get the first Double on the video on Saturday I messed up and hit the picture instead of record or something but got the second one. On Sunday after trolling we went out and found some Skools & dropped some Lug Worms on them and got some Skoolies. While we were trolling we picked up another Largie he was a toad somewhere around 18", I know trolling isn't fair game but still a great fish. All in all a great weekend had allot of fun out there. Got both days on video so here are the links. like & sub thanks guys.

https://youtu.be/mjB_oze7u6c

https://youtu.be/fXPnmOaOO-o

Great report, thanks for sharing

nice, trolling is fair game bro. **** i pay for two pole license and ill bait and wait one pole while i toss out for largies and that bait and wait catches me fish. of course in a tournament its not legal but its legal otherwise. and even a bait and wait fish is better then a skunk. surprisingly at castaic lower and upper the bait and wait nightcrawler pays off with mainly largemouth. i have got a couple nice sunfish and some ok smallmouth and 1 catfish with it also but mainly largemouth. sunday i went out early i actually only had one fish on all day on bait and wait ultralight but fish got snagged in some rocks and i couldnt get it out. then i went out monday night for a couple hours got hit again on bait and wait but fish took the half of worm dangling off hook missed hook and never came back... but it bent my pole. i use circle hooks for it so it helps to get the lip and not any gut hooks. but ya do whatever it takes to catch the fish besides truly illegal ****. people shouldnt hate on styles of fishing if its something they dont do. ive read some bs about they dont like people to use two poles to fish for bass or this or that style but they should hold their tongue. do your thing. if i had a boat and could get shad i would be using them at castaic.

I agree a fish is a fish. Just looks a lot cooler when u get it on a casted lure. But hell it was on a lure 30’ deep lol. That dude ate a 6” striper swim bait was super excited to see him. We’ve got a few trolling, and I agree would love to get some of that live shad or shiner action.

Great videos.
    I had planned on going to Silverwood on Saturday, but my son wanted to go to DVL for striper. Maybe I will get some time this weekend to sneak up to Silverwood.

What about the fence is it up yet and closed? Did you check it out.

PF
    Thanks for the report and videos, good DAD !
    Thinking about taking my boat up there this weekend and doing some trolling, haven`t been out since last year. My luck and knowledge trolling for stripes is limited, but hear they stocked some brownies. Anyone from the riverside area want to tag along and share their knowledge, let me know.

I’m thinking of taking my boat out with my wife this Sunday to try our luck at some trolling

Quote Originally Posted by drifter023 View Post
    What about the fence is it up yet and closed? Did you check it out.
    They have gates up after the big iron gate at the top where u Park. They were open but maybe they’re just gonna keep them closed at night. I’ll ask at the gate next time I go in. Dude at turners says it goes down the other side of the dam. But they were big gates.

Quote Originally Posted by bstolton View Post
    PF
    Thanks for the report and videos, good DAD !
    Thinking about taking my boat up there this weekend and doing some trolling, haven`t been out since last year. My luck and knowledge trolling for stripes is limited, but hear they stocked some brownies. Anyone from the riverside area want to tag along and share their knowledge, let me know.
    Last time they stocked was on the 11th I believe. Asked at the gates didn’t know when they were gonna stock again. They are out there though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast