Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Perris Feb 6th

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Perris Feb 6th

Had the boat in the water by 6:30 this morning. Plenty of light and water temp was at 57. Headed straight for the tire reef and threw a square bill through the brush and deep suspending jerkbait over the tires for nothing. Once again, kept trying to force feed the fish with baitcasting equipment. Nothing on the reaction baits and Texas or Carolina rigged plastics. Hauled water for the first 2+ hours.

Headed to the dam and continued with the baitcasting equipment. Carolina and Texas rigged plastics, deep diving cranks (15 feet of water) and hula grubs for NOTHING! No bites, nothing. Gave in and began throwing a Neko rigged worm for.....nothing. Picked up a dropshot for.....NOTHING! Very frustrating. Lake was beautiful, water was glass again, and there was NO action. Didn't see any cruisers up shallow and as Brent stated in his post, I didn’t see anyone catching fish today either.

After working about 2/3rds of the dam, I headed to a deep water (now in 35 feet of water) rock pile. Again, hula grub, Ika, Ned rig, and a dropshot for nothing.

Back to the tire reef and the water is now in 60-61 range. Pitched and flipped a beaver into the flooded brush for nothing. Finally get a bit on the Ika on a tire pile (10-11 feet deep). Seems like a decent fish and it feels like it’s got me either around or through a tire. I use 10 pound floro, so I’m trying to be gentle. The fish comes out of the tire and I’m able to land it. 5 pounds 7 ounces on the digital scale, beautiful fish.

Kept working the edge of the brush line (in about 10-12 feet of water) with the Ika and Neko rigged worm. Nothing. Headed back to the ramp and off the water at 2. Water in that east end was up to 62.5. Asked a gentlemen pulling his boat out how he did. He didn’t have a bite all day and had a second angler with him.

Spoke with a ranger today before launching. Water is up about 6 feet, but is no longer being pumped in due to the lack of rain the state has had this year. The plan is for no water over the at least the next 6 weeks, then they’ll re-evaluate.

Good and bad...??? As I mentioned before, the east end looks like it was designed to be a bass haven, but it’s still dry. But....., if the water stabilizes, maybe the spawn won’t be as affected and maybe, just maybe, the fish will start BITING AGAIN!!!! SO glad DVL is CLOSED on my days off!!

Good luck gents.
    Last edited by bass413; 02-06-2018 at 03:30 PM.