Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: I am back and have a new pontoon

Default I am back and have a new pontoon

Hello everyone,

I had to take a break from fishing for financial reasons. In August 2014 I had a knee replacement surgery and had to sell my gardening / landscape business and start over and go to work doing something else. At my age companies did not exactly knock themselves over to hire me. My wife had her own medical issues and was not able to work for awhile. I now have a very good job in retail and can now get back to the fishing I love.

My new pontoon is a Sea Eagle 285 inflatable pontoon boat. It is 9' long and about 4' wide with an electric motor.

What lakes allow this kind of inflatable boat. Most lake websites are not very clear. I know Diamond Valley and Skinner do not allow it. I am not sure about Santa Ana River Lakes, I haven't had a chance to contact them yet. I miss Corona and Irvine.

I will post pictures of it as soon as I can. I have given it a name, it will be "Ducky's Mean Green Fishing Machine"

Thanks in advance and it is great to be back to fishing.

JHducky

Personally, I would call. They all have contact numbers and there's no point in guessing. Perris Lake, for example, allows everything from swimmers to SUP to float tubes to big *** bass boats, so I can't imagine the 285 would be a problem, but that's just my guess. Pontoon boats aren't well known to the general public, so I'm not surprised if you don't find them mentioned on websites.

Silverwood and Perris both allow them.

Cuyamaca down in San Diego

Thanks for the information guys. I am planning on going to Silverwood on February 16 - 18 and camp the first two nights. The maiden voyage of "Ducky's Mean Green Fishing Machine"