Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any recommendations for a rubber fishing net?

Default Any recommendations for a rubber fishing net?

With Spring time almost here, "I'm getting all my tackle ready in advance." I plan on C&R as many fish as I legally can! So I was reading a rubber net is highly recommended for even the most sensitive of fish. So does any care to offer any advice on where to look on line or in person? Any tips would be welcomed!

The Fred Hall show in Long Beach would be a good place to find one. Turner's usually has them available in their retail area at the show.

https://www.fredhall.com/long-beach/

Only problem with F/H show is,plan on spending $40 just for parking and entrance,unless your already planning to go there,I suggest on line.

Cya Tuna Vic

Quote Originally Posted by TUNAVIC View Post
    Only problem with F/H show is,plan on spending $40 just for parking and entrance,unless your already planning to go there,I suggest on line.

Cya Tuna Vic
    I'll probably do both. I really didn't think of the Fred Hall show, but I like to go there for a lot of others reasons. So adding a Rubber net is just one more reason to go. I'm hoping to do a lot of C&R on LMB this season. A net at some of the Big Bass lakes is suppose to be a big no no.

Wal-Mart. They have a nice Frabill net with an extendable handle. I've boated hundreds of strippers in the 2 plus years I've had mine. Real easy to untangle your triple treble hooks.

Quote Originally Posted by P.A.W. View Post
    Wal-Mart. They have a nice Frabill net with an extendable handle. I've boated hundreds of strippers in the 2 plus years I've had mine. Real easy to untangle your triple treble hooks.
    I like that idea!!! (Thanks)

I've got this one. The only thing it's boated was a surly 'possum that was at the bottom of my trash can one night that I had to fish out.

It hasn't boated any strippers yet, so the probability of a venereal disease is quite low.

Make me an offer!

I use an Ed Cumings rubber net. Very well made and they come in lots of sizes. Rubber Landing Nets

Quote Originally Posted by Ornery Bob View Post
    I use an Ed Cumings rubber net. Very well made and they come in lots of sizes. Rubber Landing Nets
    I'll definitely check them out. (thanks)

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    I'll definitely check them out. (thanks)
    I'm serious about my offer eTucks, and I gave full disclosure that the only thing that net has netted was a 'possum. It's just taking up space.

I'll sell it to you for $1, plus S&H, unless you want to drive to the barrio to pick it up.

Order within the next 20 minutes and I'll throw in:

(1) Jose Canseco Topps Rookie Card
    (1) New Tru Tungsten Lipless Crankbait, Crawdad colored.
    (1) 6" used Roboworm, Maarten's Madness colored.
    (1) Lightly used Girls Gone Wild VHS cassette.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast