Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Use Shimano's Ultegra & Breakaway Canons For Casting Farther!

Default Use Shimano's Ultegra & Breakaway Canons For Casting Farther!

Use Shimano's Ultegra & Breakaway Canons For Casting Farther!

Through research & practicing at the park i found the Shimano Ultegra Spinners are the best spinners on the market for casting long distances. Light weight & built tough. Combine these spinners with Breakaway Canons (side-mounted) and casting 100yd becomes a reality. Seems European anglers fishing for Carp have figured this out years ago.

On my Ultegra 5500 CI4 i use a 13'3" custom IRW. My 10K i use a 13'3" Daiwa Ballistic. Lastly the 14K "Matt Black" i paired it with a 16'6" Fenwick Seahawk. I target Trevally, Bonefish & Ladyfish when i shore cast. Sometimes i catch Sharks & Rays though i release them. If i don't eat it, i don't keep it.

When casting heavy baits using braid i wrap the line twice around the Canon. Using light plugs i wrap the braid only once. The biggest fish i caught using the Ultegras are large Rays & medium Sharks so far with no problems. I hope my shared insight into my casting rigs will help others wanting to cast farther.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYS6eNSYfMI
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8445.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	61.9 KB 
ID:	50688  

Quote Originally Posted by Scuba Chris View Post

Through research & practicing at the park i found the Shimano Ultegra Spinners are the best spinners on the market for casting long distances. Light weight & built tough. Combine these spinners with Breakaway Canons (side-mounted) and casting 100yd becomes a reality. Seems European anglers fishing for Carp have figured this out years ago.

On my Ultegra 5500 CI4 i use a 13'3" custom IRW. My 10K i use a 13'3" Daiwa Ballistic. Lastly the 14K "Matt Black" i paired it with a 16'6" Fenwick Seahawk. I target Trevally, Bonefish & Ladyfish when i shore cast. Sometimes i catch Sharks & Rays though i release them. If i don't eat it, i don't keep it.

When casting heavy baits using braid i wrap the line twice around the Canon. Using light plugs i wrap the braid only once. The biggest fish i caught using the Ultegras are large Rays & medium Sharks so far with no problems. I hope my shared insight into my casting rigs will help others wanting to cast farther.

Since you know how to use a video camera. How about a fishing video of yourself catching some interesting fish, without promoting someone's product????????

SPAM ALERT!!!

So, are your multi-site spamming efforts a form of proxy-advertising? Or are you hoping these companies will recognize your excellent shilling skills and offer you lucrative agreements?

This forum is on chatting about tackle gear. I have 1,000's of pics & vids of myself catching fish but this isn't the right forum for it. I only promote gear that i feel works well for salt & fresh water. Since i'm not sponsored i freely choose the products i feel should work smoothly & share that info w/others.

This forum is on chatting about tackle gear. I have 1,000's of pics & vids of myself catching fish but this isn't the right forum for it. I only promote gear that i feel works well for salt & fresh water. Since i'm not sponsored i freely choose the products i feel should work smoothly & share that info w/others.
    Look in recent months there have been several threads started on here complaining about the lack of fishing reports. Some are even calling this a dying website because of lack of fish reports. (fish reports is what drives people to this website) I myself do my part in putting in fish reports to contribute to this websites health.

So asking you for some fish reports (even though they might be from Hawai) is not an unreasonable request!!!! Especially because you are using this website for some kind of advantage for yourself.

I'll put it to you in another way. So if I had to guess, "you're probably a Conservative." What do Conservatives believe in????? Free handouts from the gooverment???? No!!!! You pull you're own weight. So in asking for a fish report or two, only seems fair! Other wise you are making other people do all the heavy lifting on here. SO IF YOU DON'T WORK, WHY SHOULD YOU EAT??????
    Last edited by etucker1959; 02-02-2018 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    SO IF YOU DON'T WORK, WHY SHOULD YOU EAT??????
    Cuz copy-paste is easier?

At least be more tactful.

Google the original post and you'll find that copy-paste is the MO for several sites.

Someone should just take their ball and go home.

Thanks for the curriculum vitae - so back to the question:

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Quagga View Post
    So, are your multi-site spamming efforts a form of proxy-advertising? Or are you hoping these companies will recognize your excellent shilling skills and offer you lucrative agreements?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Cuz copy-paste is easier?

At least be more tactful.

Google the original post and you'll find that copy-paste is the MO for several sites.

Someone should just take their ball and go home.
    Is now a good time to mention that Hawaii isn't in the South?