Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Tuesday's Boat Ride

Default Tuesday's Boat Ride

Tuesday, 1/30/18, was a beautiful day for a boat ride on Lake Skinner. There was a light breeze and the sun was popping in and out of the clouds. The water was like glass all day.

Now that I've set the tone for the day, here's what I did.

I started fishing a little late. I was on the water at 8:30. I trolled flies for stripers in all the usual spots for three hours. I'm not positive, but I think I got two little hits. I marked a few small schools on the bottom in

40 feet of water. Not being one that easily gives up, I decided to switch things up and target LMB on the drop shot. Two hours later, I went back to tolling for stripers. At 2:00 I put the boat on the trailer and

headed home to Oceanside.

Not counting the two little hits on flies, I got the big Skunk.

I talked to one of the bait fishermen and he and a buddy of his got one striper and a bluegill at the buoy line.

Did I mention it was a great day for a boat ride?

I'll be out Thursday afternoon to exact revenge for you. .. Famous last words haha.

Thanks for the report. The lake has been off this year.

Good luck Pat. This weather will have to change things for the better.