Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Fish weighing scale

Default Fish weighing scale

Who makes the best hand-held fish weighing scale? There's so many different ones out there. I've never really used one before and I'm thinking it would be a great thing to have while I float tube this spring and summer. I want one that is accurate for smaller fish like crappie, Bluegill and Redear Sunfish, and larger bass, carp and catfish from 1 pound and up to 20, featuring the weights in pounds and ounces. Anybody have any recommendations?

Rapala makes good scales and plenty of models and features to choose from. I've had mine for over 3 years and still good. I have the one with the claw grip and I like it better than the hook. Also, most models come with a memory feature so you can keep track of your total weight caught and a cuilling system if you're doing tourneys. They have an auto shut off so it doesn't waste the battery if you forget to turn it off. The only thing I don't like on mine is the LCD screen doesn't light up, but that's just the model I have.

Yep!

The Rapala Lock-N-Weigh units are good.

I currently use XTool's Grip-N-Weigh.....its pretty accurate. I'm usually off by 2-4 ounces when I guess the weight at my toruney weigh-ins.

I've been using a Berkley Boca grip style. Weighs up to 30 pounds and has the auto-off feature. Never used the others, but it works well for me.