Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: They weren't lying.

Default They weren't lying.

As I type this, a fence is being put in place across the dam in between the parking lot and bathroom.Not sure how I feel about it.
    Frustrated I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by sealclubber View Post
    As I type this, a fence is being put in place across the dam in between the parking lot and bathroom.Not sure how I feel about it.
    Frustrated I guess.
    This sucks!! Big time!! A few bad seeds messed it up for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by CHUCKY View Post
    This sucks!! Big time!! A few bad seeds messed it up for everyone.
    Yup.I can count at least 5 times last Summer that the bathrooms had to be repainted, graffiti up and down the dam and just seemed more trash than usual this last year.
    Like I said I think it's good but sucks.

fence wont stop them, they better start putting up cameras or having patrols, i already know people are going to sneak in

Quote Originally Posted by sealclubber View Post
    Yup.I can count at least 5 times last Summer that the bathrooms had to be repainted, graffiti up and down the dam and just seemed more trash than usual this last year.
    Like I said I think it's good but sucks.
    Lol! I wouldn’t take a leak in that bathroom. They need to tear it down. Really gross. It was a nice bathroom in the past. Not anymore tho.

Wow. :( No more overnight cat fishing on the dam. I’d like to thank all the scumbags and dirt bags for making this possible. What a shame.

There was some debate about whether or not they could fence the dam area off without legal challenges, from what I understand this is not a park determined action it was implemented by the water company. After the dam problems up north last year they inspected dams and found all the rocks being moved around by the knucklheads that fished the dam, this is at least partially what drove the decision to close it off.

Like a lot of stuff that has occurred in the park in the last few years too many have taken up late night and even broad daylight illegal stuff at the lake. We no longer park where we use to feel fairly safe. My trips to the backside of the late are minimal because of individuals I have run into back there up to no good. The whole high desert region has changed though and with the huge housing track being planned for the ranch area Silverwood is going to get hammered even worse in my opinion.

I think they were just looking for a reason and they took it.I don't blame them at people are ****,makes me sick to see fellow fishermen act that way.
    On a good note,the ranch area will be not as bad as we thought..
    We have such a high water table that it's almost impossible to build houses in the area,that's why a majority of the homes you see out there are mobile homes
    I was actually stuck in my yard for a few days last year cuz of the rain .
    Plans for the ranch include nature trails and parks but left alone for the most part.
    Honda valley and south of ranchero seem to be the area that is going to get nailed.

Thanks for the update on the ranch. Honda valley, lol, use to ride out there all the time now it's suppose to be off limits but the off roaders have been out there thick. Still the amount of people visiting Silverwood will increase based on the numbers of new residents I've heard. Think that place is going to have a serious issue one day on a busy parking lot full weekend.

Drove by last night and saw the fence line, talked with somebody in the know and it still is kind of a mystery when they will shut it down altogether. Being that it's the water departments deal he was not sure what's going on as far as timing or other issues on finishing and gating it off.

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Thanks for the update on the ranch. Honda valley, lol, use to ride out there all the time now it's suppose to be off limits but the off roaders have been out there thick. Still the amount of people visiting Silverwood will increase based on the numbers of new residents I've heard. Think that place is going to have a serious issue one day on a busy parking lot full weekend.

Drove by last night and saw the fence line, talked with somebody in the know and it still is kind of a mystery when they will shut it down altogether. Being that it's the water departments deal he was not sure what's going on as far as timing or other issues on finishing and gating it off.
    Oh I was up there also,getting that fishing in while you can.Im hoping it's not a 24/7 thing,just a close it as necessary deal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast