Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Prado Disappointment 1-26-2018

Default Prado Disappointment 1-26-2018

I saw that the foliage allowed to grow on the dry lake bottom during repairs had been cut down, or, at least, I thought. The lake had been refilled and the surface was now free from brush and young trees blooming during our warm winter.
    I heard that they had been stocking trout since Thanksgiving so I dedicated Friday morning as my 2018 Trouting debut. I hit my usual spot in Basin #2. Looking in the water, I could see the tops of thick bushes extending about 50' into the lake making fishing untenable.

Plan 'B'... Headed over to the nearby water outflow pipe where three other anglers were already situated but the same debris situation was present, although not as bad as my first stop. I did have a narrow lane of open water for my two rods. Tried the usual banquet of dough baits but no luck for me and my angling partners.

Saw several fishing in the channel area by the boat dock, again, no action. Had to call it a day.

My gripe is that the brushy debris conditions have reduced Basin #2 to about 20% of accessible shoreline and that's where you generally go to fish for Trout. I'm expecting Chaos and many lost rigs during next month's trout Derby.

Why they did not bulldoze all of the foliage from the bottom of the lake before refilling is beyond me. I guess I going to have to go to Irvine or Corona now...Oh wait, nevermind!

Tough outing. To bad they didn’t clear out the trees and brush. Great bass habitat, but terrible for a trout lake.