Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Shore Casting Leader System For Popping Small Plugs At Night!

Default Shore Casting Leader System For Popping Small Plugs At Night!

How To Cast Plugs At Night From The Shoreline!

When i go out at night it can be dangerous. Besides not seeing what you're doing i also don't want to get stabbed by my hooks to watching my footing on slippery boulders to transversing lava flows. I try to limit what i'm actually carrying & will pre-fabricate everything ahead of time from leaders to lures.

So when i go plug popping i use my smaller lighter lures. I use a universal monofilament leadering system for all my loose plugs to make it easier & safer. And i try to stay away from trebles, i tend to favor single & trailer assist hooks. Why? Try to fight fish at night with sharp trebles to releasing those thrashing fish without stabbing yourself. Not fun. I use trebles for my larger lures & i pinch the barbs in to make them barbless. You may hook fish easier using trebles but with 2 sets of singles the lures "pop" nicer & the fish you C&R have less hook damage.

I use Hammer Bombs as my cast assist delivery. You can use lead heavy to surface "leadless" to glowing & flashing balls for nocturnal use. And as the name implies they can take a hammer blow & still function. I'll show how i combine the Hammer Bombs to my lures for easy swapping, even at night. I use a AO Insulated Backpack & a fanny pack for my gear, food, ice & personals. My hands only hold my fishing rod (if i use my rod holder on my fanny pack belt i don't even need my hands).

This system WORKS. If you're casting plugs, grubs, or baits it's a proven way to cast at night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quBBKUKet0I

So, are your multi-site spamming efforts a form of proxy-advertising? Or are you hoping these companies will recognize your excellent shilling skills and offer you lucrative agreements?